Jul 15, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Is Jimmer Fredette the Tim Tebow of the NBA?
Interesting question. Both were huge college stars with questions about how their games would translate to the next level. Both have a religious aspect to their popularity. Both are locked out right now. Tebow and Fredette also both are at the American Century Championships this weekend, a fun celebrity golf tournament up in Lake Tahoe (which you should visit once in your life, one of the most stunningly beautiful places on the planet).
Kings first-round pick Fredette was asked if he saw similarities between himself and Tebow, and he thinks there are some.
“I think similar just for the fact that we had really successful college careers but a lot of people didn’t think we’d do well in the pros. I think we also are both hard workers, guys that have proven people wrong time and time again and continue to work hard, push through it and not really listen it. Just go out and play as hard as we possibly can. Whatever happens, happens, but I think we have some similarities that way.”
You can catch the American Century Classic on Versus Friday and on NBC all weekend.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 20
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26