Jul 15, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
Is Jimmer Fredette the Tim Tebow of the NBA?
Interesting question. Both were huge college stars with questions about how their games would translate to the next level. Both have a religious aspect to their popularity. Both are locked out right now. Tebow and Fredette also both are at the American Century Championships this weekend, a fun celebrity golf tournament up in Lake Tahoe (which you should visit once in your life, one of the most stunningly beautiful places on the planet).
Kings first-round pick Fredette was asked if he saw similarities between himself and Tebow, and he thinks there are some.
“I think similar just for the fact that we had really successful college careers but a lot of people didn’t think we’d do well in the pros. I think we also are both hard workers, guys that have proven people wrong time and time again and continue to work hard, push through it and not really listen it. Just go out and play as hard as we possibly can. Whatever happens, happens, but I think we have some similarities that way.”
You can catch the American Century Classic on Versus Friday and on NBC all weekend.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9