Jul 15, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
Is Jimmer Fredette the Tim Tebow of the NBA?
Interesting question. Both were huge college stars with questions about how their games would translate to the next level. Both have a religious aspect to their popularity. Both are locked out right now. Tebow and Fredette also both are at the American Century Championships this weekend, a fun celebrity golf tournament up in Lake Tahoe (which you should visit once in your life, one of the most stunningly beautiful places on the planet).
Kings first-round pick Fredette was asked if he saw similarities between himself and Tebow, and he thinks there are some.
“I think similar just for the fact that we had really successful college careers but a lot of people didn’t think we’d do well in the pros. I think we also are both hard workers, guys that have proven people wrong time and time again and continue to work hard, push through it and not really listen it. Just go out and play as hard as we possibly can. Whatever happens, happens, but I think we have some similarities that way.”
You can catch the American Century Classic on Versus Friday and on NBC all weekend.
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 0
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 41
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6