Jul 15, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Is Jimmer Fredette the Tim Tebow of the NBA?
Interesting question. Both were huge college stars with questions about how their games would translate to the next level. Both have a religious aspect to their popularity. Both are locked out right now. Tebow and Fredette also both are at the American Century Championships this weekend, a fun celebrity golf tournament up in Lake Tahoe (which you should visit once in your life, one of the most stunningly beautiful places on the planet).
Kings first-round pick Fredette was asked if he saw similarities between himself and Tebow, and he thinks there are some.
“I think similar just for the fact that we had really successful college careers but a lot of people didn’t think we’d do well in the pros. I think we also are both hard workers, guys that have proven people wrong time and time again and continue to work hard, push through it and not really listen it. Just go out and play as hard as we possibly can. Whatever happens, happens, but I think we have some similarities that way.”
You can catch the American Century Classic on Versus Friday and on NBC all weekend.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7