Jul 15, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Is Jimmer Fredette the Tim Tebow of the NBA?
Interesting question. Both were huge college stars with questions about how their games would translate to the next level. Both have a religious aspect to their popularity. Both are locked out right now. Tebow and Fredette also both are at the American Century Championships this weekend, a fun celebrity golf tournament up in Lake Tahoe (which you should visit once in your life, one of the most stunningly beautiful places on the planet).
Kings first-round pick Fredette was asked if he saw similarities between himself and Tebow, and he thinks there are some.
“I think similar just for the fact that we had really successful college careers but a lot of people didn’t think we’d do well in the pros. I think we also are both hard workers, guys that have proven people wrong time and time again and continue to work hard, push through it and not really listen it. Just go out and play as hard as we possibly can. Whatever happens, happens, but I think we have some similarities that way.”
You can catch the American Century Classic on Versus Friday and on NBC all weekend.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17