Jul 15, 2011, 7:14 PM EDT
From Irving’s twitter feed:
Feels good to officially be apart of @nikebasketball! Can’t wait to meet all the family I’m going to be apart of.Dreams really do come true!
Irving was drafted #1 overall by the Cavaliers after having a stellar season at Duke, albeit one cut short by injury. Nike needs no introduction — it changed the way team sport athletes are marketed along with David Falk and Michael Jordan, and is synonymous with shoes and athletic wear everywhere. Details of Irving’s deal have not been revealed, but it’s fairly safe to assume that Irving’s deal is smaller than the $90 million deal Cleveland’s last #1 overall pick signed with Nike before he’d played his first game.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31