Jul 15, 2011, 7:14 PM EDT
From Irving’s twitter feed:
Feels good to officially be apart of @nikebasketball! Can’t wait to meet all the family I’m going to be apart of.Dreams really do come true!
Irving was drafted #1 overall by the Cavaliers after having a stellar season at Duke, albeit one cut short by injury. Nike needs no introduction — it changed the way team sport athletes are marketed along with David Falk and Michael Jordan, and is synonymous with shoes and athletic wear everywhere. Details of Irving’s deal have not been revealed, but it’s fairly safe to assume that Irving’s deal is smaller than the $90 million deal Cleveland’s last #1 overall pick signed with Nike before he’d played his first game.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46