Jul 15, 2011, 7:14 PM EST
From Irving’s twitter feed:
Feels good to officially be apart of @nikebasketball! Can’t wait to meet all the family I’m going to be apart of.Dreams really do come true!
Irving was drafted #1 overall by the Cavaliers after having a stellar season at Duke, albeit one cut short by injury. Nike needs no introduction — it changed the way team sport athletes are marketed along with David Falk and Michael Jordan, and is synonymous with shoes and athletic wear everywhere. Details of Irving’s deal have not been revealed, but it’s fairly safe to assume that Irving’s deal is smaller than the $90 million deal Cleveland’s last #1 overall pick signed with Nike before he’d played his first game.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 4
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3