Jul 15, 2011, 7:14 PM EDT
From Irving’s twitter feed:
Feels good to officially be apart of @nikebasketball! Can’t wait to meet all the family I’m going to be apart of.Dreams really do come true!
Irving was drafted #1 overall by the Cavaliers after having a stellar season at Duke, albeit one cut short by injury. Nike needs no introduction — it changed the way team sport athletes are marketed along with David Falk and Michael Jordan, and is synonymous with shoes and athletic wear everywhere. Details of Irving’s deal have not been revealed, but it’s fairly safe to assume that Irving’s deal is smaller than the $90 million deal Cleveland’s last #1 overall pick signed with Nike before he’d played his first game.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 7
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29