Jul 15, 2011, 7:14 PM EST
From Irving’s twitter feed:
Feels good to officially be apart of @nikebasketball! Can’t wait to meet all the family I’m going to be apart of.Dreams really do come true!
Irving was drafted #1 overall by the Cavaliers after having a stellar season at Duke, albeit one cut short by injury. Nike needs no introduction — it changed the way team sport athletes are marketed along with David Falk and Michael Jordan, and is synonymous with shoes and athletic wear everywhere. Details of Irving’s deal have not been revealed, but it’s fairly safe to assume that Irving’s deal is smaller than the $90 million deal Cleveland’s last #1 overall pick signed with Nike before he’d played his first game.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 1
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29