Jul 14, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Mickael Pietrus, the Phoenix Suns swingman, will not be playing for the French national team this summer as they try to qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.
Instead, he’s going to have surgery.
First the French national team announced that Pietrus essentially did not pass his physical with the team. Then his agent contacts BasketUSA, a French site that follows the NBA, and said Pietrus would be out for a month after minor surgery to clean out his knee.
Pietrus picked up the $5.3 million option on his contract for next season. So, the Suns would probably prefer he gets his knee right rather than plays for his national team anyway.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4