Jul 14, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
Mickael Pietrus, the Phoenix Suns swingman, will not be playing for the French national team this summer as they try to qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.
Instead, he’s going to have surgery.
First the French national team announced that Pietrus essentially did not pass his physical with the team. Then his agent contacts BasketUSA, a French site that follows the NBA, and said Pietrus would be out for a month after minor surgery to clean out his knee.
Pietrus picked up the $5.3 million option on his contract for next season. So, the Suns would probably prefer he gets his knee right rather than plays for his national team anyway.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 4
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28