Jul 14, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Mickael Pietrus, the Phoenix Suns swingman, will not be playing for the French national team this summer as they try to qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.
Instead, he’s going to have surgery.
First the French national team announced that Pietrus essentially did not pass his physical with the team. Then his agent contacts BasketUSA, a French site that follows the NBA, and said Pietrus would be out for a month after minor surgery to clean out his knee.
Pietrus picked up the $5.3 million option on his contract for next season. So, the Suns would probably prefer he gets his knee right rather than plays for his national team anyway.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8