Jul 14, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Mickael Pietrus, the Phoenix Suns swingman, will not be playing for the French national team this summer as they try to qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.
Instead, he’s going to have surgery.
First the French national team announced that Pietrus essentially did not pass his physical with the team. Then his agent contacts BasketUSA, a French site that follows the NBA, and said Pietrus would be out for a month after minor surgery to clean out his knee.
Pietrus picked up the $5.3 million option on his contract for next season. So, the Suns would probably prefer he gets his knee right rather than plays for his national team anyway.
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 0
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 1
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13