Jul 14, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Mickael Pietrus, the Phoenix Suns swingman, will not be playing for the French national team this summer as they try to qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.
Instead, he’s going to have surgery.
First the French national team announced that Pietrus essentially did not pass his physical with the team. Then his agent contacts BasketUSA, a French site that follows the NBA, and said Pietrus would be out for a month after minor surgery to clean out his knee.
Pietrus picked up the $5.3 million option on his contract for next season. So, the Suns would probably prefer he gets his knee right rather than plays for his national team anyway.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13