Jul 14, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
Will the players from any team be as happy to have a new coach as the Detroit Pistons?
There was serious infighting between the coach and the players last season, including players skipping practices and more.
“A new coach and a new system might be beneficial for me,” Daye said, who also said he is trying to bulk up and increase his weight, listed at 205 pounds last season. I’m definitely gaining weight,” Daye said. “It’s been a priority of mine.”
He could use to bulk up a little, but Kuester used him poorly — at the start of the season he had Tayshaun Prince at the three, Daye — all 205 pounds of him — at the four. It was a bad matchup, and Daye saw his minuted drop as the season wore on. Prince may well leave via free agency, and Daye should get a longer look at the three, where he is a more natural fit.
Daye’s new role will depend heavily on the new coach. What Pistons fans need to hope for is an organization that from new owner Tom Gores down through the coach to the equipment manager are on the same page. They are rebuilding, so pick the style of tem they want to be, hire a coach that can execute it and start building with players that fit the system.
Daye has the advantage of being versatile, he would fit in nearly any system.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 0
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 9
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 17
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'