Jul 14, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
Will the players from any team be as happy to have a new coach as the Detroit Pistons?
There was serious infighting between the coach and the players last season, including players skipping practices and more.
“A new coach and a new system might be beneficial for me,” Daye said, who also said he is trying to bulk up and increase his weight, listed at 205 pounds last season. I’m definitely gaining weight,” Daye said. “It’s been a priority of mine.”
He could use to bulk up a little, but Kuester used him poorly — at the start of the season he had Tayshaun Prince at the three, Daye — all 205 pounds of him — at the four. It was a bad matchup, and Daye saw his minuted drop as the season wore on. Prince may well leave via free agency, and Daye should get a longer look at the three, where he is a more natural fit.
Daye’s new role will depend heavily on the new coach. What Pistons fans need to hope for is an organization that from new owner Tom Gores down through the coach to the equipment manager are on the same page. They are rebuilding, so pick the style of tem they want to be, hire a coach that can execute it and start building with players that fit the system.
Daye has the advantage of being versatile, he would fit in nearly any system.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29