Jul 14, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
Will the players from any team be as happy to have a new coach as the Detroit Pistons?
There was serious infighting between the coach and the players last season, including players skipping practices and more.
“A new coach and a new system might be beneficial for me,” Daye said, who also said he is trying to bulk up and increase his weight, listed at 205 pounds last season. I’m definitely gaining weight,” Daye said. “It’s been a priority of mine.”
He could use to bulk up a little, but Kuester used him poorly — at the start of the season he had Tayshaun Prince at the three, Daye — all 205 pounds of him — at the four. It was a bad matchup, and Daye saw his minuted drop as the season wore on. Prince may well leave via free agency, and Daye should get a longer look at the three, where he is a more natural fit.
Daye’s new role will depend heavily on the new coach. What Pistons fans need to hope for is an organization that from new owner Tom Gores down through the coach to the equipment manager are on the same page. They are rebuilding, so pick the style of tem they want to be, hire a coach that can execute it and start building with players that fit the system.
Daye has the advantage of being versatile, he would fit in nearly any system.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20