Jul 14, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
Someday Mike Miller is going to be healthy. We think. He certainly is getting enough treatment for his many ailments.
That now includes another surgery, this time to his left shoulder, according to Ira Winderman at the Sun-Sentinel. This is on the heels of the thumb surgery he already had after the NBA finals ended.
Miller told his hometown newspaper, the Mitchell (S.D.) Daily Republic, “I’ve been trying to glue myself back together, kind of like the humpty-dumpty man right now. I’ve been out since the season’s been over. It’s a little bit frustrating right now, but hopefully it will give the rest of my body a chance to heal up and take a break.”
How important having Miller (and Udonis Haslem) on the court mattered to the Heat became increasingly clear as the playoffs moved along. They provided needed depth and a new level of skill the other subs could not match. The Heat need Miller to get healthy and contribute more all season, the team needs to diversify its attack and he can be part of that.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)