Jul 14, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
When we last heard from Bismack Biyombo — the No. 7 overall pick now of the Charlotte Bobcats — he was going into a negotiating room with his Spanish team from last season, Fuenlabrada.
The thing is, Fuenlabrada also has him under contract for the next two seasons and they want all of the $1.4 million buyout to let him go. And so everyone is talking.
But Biyombo’s agent tells the Associated Press his client will be there for the Bobcats training camp (whenever that opens).
“At the time the lockout is over and the season starts, the player will be playing with the Bobcats,” Igor Crespo told The Associated Press in a phone interview. “Everything else is not relevant…
“I cannot give any details for anyone,” Crespo said. “But the only thing you need to know is whenever the season starts, whether that’s October, November, December or February, the player will be there to play with the Bobcats from the first game.”
I’m not so sure about the relevant thing. That said, right now Fuenlabrada has little motivation to reach a deal with Biyombo. It seems logical to set up a buyout price and let Biyombo play for Fuenlabrada until the lockout ends. But often what I see as logical has no place in the real world. So there will be more negotiations.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 8
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 6
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)