Jul 14, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
When we last heard from Bismack Biyombo — the No. 7 overall pick now of the Charlotte Bobcats — he was going into a negotiating room with his Spanish team from last season, Fuenlabrada.
The thing is, Fuenlabrada also has him under contract for the next two seasons and they want all of the $1.4 million buyout to let him go. And so everyone is talking.
But Biyombo’s agent tells the Associated Press his client will be there for the Bobcats training camp (whenever that opens).
“At the time the lockout is over and the season starts, the player will be playing with the Bobcats,” Igor Crespo told The Associated Press in a phone interview. “Everything else is not relevant…
“I cannot give any details for anyone,” Crespo said. “But the only thing you need to know is whenever the season starts, whether that’s October, November, December or February, the player will be there to play with the Bobcats from the first game.”
I’m not so sure about the relevant thing. That said, right now Fuenlabrada has little motivation to reach a deal with Biyombo. It seems logical to set up a buyout price and let Biyombo play for Fuenlabrada until the lockout ends. But often what I see as logical has no place in the real world. So there will be more negotiations.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 1
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?