Jul 12, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
We bring you this because… well, because there’s a lockout. And it’s fairly amusing.
Below we have NBA stars Dwight Howard and J-Peazy (Josh Powell) rapping all decked out like it was 1988, with gold chains, ill-fitting hats and everything except a Flava Flav clock. (Video via I am a GM and Terez Owens)
This is normally where there would be massive amounts of mocking going on, but the fact is the two were on a bus tour through Alabama in partnership with Habitat for Humanity to help with rebuilding and fundraising efforts in the wake of the tornados that devastated parts of that state last month. So good on them. They should get to have a little fun, too.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49