Jul 12, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
We bring you this because… well, because there’s a lockout. And it’s fairly amusing.
Below we have NBA stars Dwight Howard and J-Peazy (Josh Powell) rapping all decked out like it was 1988, with gold chains, ill-fitting hats and everything except a Flava Flav clock. (Video via I am a GM and Terez Owens)
This is normally where there would be massive amounts of mocking going on, but the fact is the two were on a bus tour through Alabama in partnership with Habitat for Humanity to help with rebuilding and fundraising efforts in the wake of the tornados that devastated parts of that state last month. So good on them. They should get to have a little fun, too.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2