Jul 12, 2011, 2:29 PM EST
We bring you this because… well, because there’s a lockout. And it’s fairly amusing.
Below we have NBA stars Dwight Howard and J-Peazy (Josh Powell) rapping all decked out like it was 1988, with gold chains, ill-fitting hats and everything except a Flava Flav clock. (Video via I am a GM and Terez Owens)
This is normally where there would be massive amounts of mocking going on, but the fact is the two were on a bus tour through Alabama in partnership with Habitat for Humanity to help with rebuilding and fundraising efforts in the wake of the tornados that devastated parts of that state last month. So good on them. They should get to have a little fun, too.
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 0
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 10
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)