Jul 12, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
We bring you this because… well, because there’s a lockout. And it’s fairly amusing.
Below we have NBA stars Dwight Howard and J-Peazy (Josh Powell) rapping all decked out like it was 1988, with gold chains, ill-fitting hats and everything except a Flava Flav clock. (Video via I am a GM and Terez Owens)
This is normally where there would be massive amounts of mocking going on, but the fact is the two were on a bus tour through Alabama in partnership with Habitat for Humanity to help with rebuilding and fundraising efforts in the wake of the tornados that devastated parts of that state last month. So good on them. They should get to have a little fun, too.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 26
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10