Jul 12, 2011, 2:29 PM EST
We bring you this because… well, because there’s a lockout. And it’s fairly amusing.
Below we have NBA stars Dwight Howard and J-Peazy (Josh Powell) rapping all decked out like it was 1988, with gold chains, ill-fitting hats and everything except a Flava Flav clock. (Video via I am a GM and Terez Owens)
This is normally where there would be massive amounts of mocking going on, but the fact is the two were on a bus tour through Alabama in partnership with Habitat for Humanity to help with rebuilding and fundraising efforts in the wake of the tornados that devastated parts of that state last month. So good on them. They should get to have a little fun, too.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42