Jul 12, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
Apparently, Nate Robinson loves all sports that are locked out.
Plenty of people forget that before Nate Robinson was an undersized NBA point guard he was an undersized cornerback for the University of Washington — his original scholarship to the school was for football.
So with the NBA lockout suck in the mud and the NFL lockout apparently inching toward a conclusion he wouldn’t mind returning to his roots, he told SLAM Magazine.
“I might go play football,” the 5-foot-9 Robinson said. “Do something that nobody’s tried to do…. If I can, I would love to play football a little bit. I’ve been doing a little bit of training…. Why wouldn’t you want to have an NBA player that can play football try out? That’s a lot of publicity for your organization.”
If we really want to be practical — and we talked about NBA players like Amar’e Stoudemire balking at playing overseas because an injury could wipe out their NBA contracts — playing NFL football makes it seem like Robinson doesn’t really want the remaining $4.5 million on his deal.
But frankly, we’d love to see it. This sounds like the kind of player/personnel move the Redskins would make, they should bring him in. Robinson’s not going to do any worse on 6’3” Larry Fitzgerald than most other corners.
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says afterward ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 0
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 3
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games