Jul 12, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
There will be no World Peace coming to England.
The agent for Metta World Peace — aka Ron Artest — has shot down another rumor of the player’s off-season wanderings. After shooting down the Finland rumor last week, this time around David Bauman was shooting down the idea from his client he wanted to play in England if the NBA lockout continues.
“I told him, ‘Ron, the league over there is not strong enough to really give you the competition that you want,’ ” Bauman said in a phone interview with ESPNLosAngles.com on Monday. “Even though that makes sense from a (convenience standpoint), it doesn’t make sense from a basketball perspective….
“England is probably the 10th or 12th best league in Europe,” Bauman said. “That isn’t going to make sense. If we do Europe, it’s going to be Israel, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Italy or maybe France. … When we spoke about the lockout, Ron said, ‘Find me the best teams.’ “
So throw Artest in the massive pile of NBA players who are considering going overseas. Again, we have our doubts about this flood of players signing (it makes for public pressure on the owners in negotiations but we don’t see it happening) but Artest is one guy who might be able to adjust to any situation thrown at him.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 0
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 9
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 17
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record