Jul 11, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Maybe provoking then betting the ultra competitive Kobe Bryant you can beat him at the sport where he is one of the best in the world is not the wisest move.
But that’s what Rapper Bow Wow did — he bet Kobe a grand he could beat him at a game of one-on-one and video tapped the whole thing. It’s on YouTube and you can watch it (we’re not posting it here because the language is not safe for work or family-friendly Web sites).
Bow Wow comes up a good foot (at least) shorter than Kobe, is less athletic and… this is Kobe, you think he’s going to lose one even if it’s just for show? He took Bow Wow for $1,000 then donated the money to his campers.
Why would Bow Wow do this? As Ben Golliver suggested at CBS Eye on Basketball, we can only assume Bow Wow has a new album out he is promoting. Well, that or rappers are essentially constantly promoting themselves and this seemed like a good way to do it. Marketing is all about timing, and if he didn’t do this during a lockout nobody would have noticed. Right now… well, we’re writing about it.
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 0
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29