Jul 11, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Maybe provoking then betting the ultra competitive Kobe Bryant you can beat him at the sport where he is one of the best in the world is not the wisest move.
But that’s what Rapper Bow Wow did — he bet Kobe a grand he could beat him at a game of one-on-one and video tapped the whole thing. It’s on YouTube and you can watch it (we’re not posting it here because the language is not safe for work or family-friendly Web sites).
Bow Wow comes up a good foot (at least) shorter than Kobe, is less athletic and… this is Kobe, you think he’s going to lose one even if it’s just for show? He took Bow Wow for $1,000 then donated the money to his campers.
Why would Bow Wow do this? As Ben Golliver suggested at CBS Eye on Basketball, we can only assume Bow Wow has a new album out he is promoting. Well, that or rappers are essentially constantly promoting themselves and this seemed like a good way to do it. Marketing is all about timing, and if he didn’t do this during a lockout nobody would have noticed. Right now… well, we’re writing about it.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11