Jul 11, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Maybe provoking then betting the ultra competitive Kobe Bryant you can beat him at the sport where he is one of the best in the world is not the wisest move.
But that’s what Rapper Bow Wow did — he bet Kobe a grand he could beat him at a game of one-on-one and video tapped the whole thing. It’s on YouTube and you can watch it (we’re not posting it here because the language is not safe for work or family-friendly Web sites).
Bow Wow comes up a good foot (at least) shorter than Kobe, is less athletic and… this is Kobe, you think he’s going to lose one even if it’s just for show? He took Bow Wow for $1,000 then donated the money to his campers.
Why would Bow Wow do this? As Ben Golliver suggested at CBS Eye on Basketball, we can only assume Bow Wow has a new album out he is promoting. Well, that or rappers are essentially constantly promoting themselves and this seemed like a good way to do it. Marketing is all about timing, and if he didn’t do this during a lockout nobody would have noticed. Right now… well, we’re writing about it.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 0
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 5
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 45
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19