Jul 11, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
There is freedom for South Sudan. It’s fragile, it’s not perfect, but for many people it seems there is hope. Things there may be better than they were.
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng is a Sudanese refugee, and he was in his new nation to celebrate its freedom — and host it’s first-ever hoops clinic.
Deng talked about what this all meant to him in a video interview with Yahoo below (follow that link and there is video of the clinic). Watch it and you’ll understand why Deng is so well respected by his peers around the league.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11