Jul 11, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
There is freedom for South Sudan. It’s fragile, it’s not perfect, but for many people it seems there is hope. Things there may be better than they were.
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng is a Sudanese refugee, and he was in his new nation to celebrate its freedom — and host it’s first-ever hoops clinic.
Deng talked about what this all meant to him in a video interview with Yahoo below (follow that link and there is video of the clinic). Watch it and you’ll understand why Deng is so well respected by his peers around the league.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11