Jul 11, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
There is freedom for South Sudan. It’s fragile, it’s not perfect, but for many people it seems there is hope. Things there may be better than they were.
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng is a Sudanese refugee, and he was in his new nation to celebrate its freedom — and host it’s first-ever hoops clinic.
Deng talked about what this all meant to him in a video interview with Yahoo below (follow that link and there is video of the clinic). Watch it and you’ll understand why Deng is so well respected by his peers around the league.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 8
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6