Jul 11, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
There is freedom for South Sudan. It’s fragile, it’s not perfect, but for many people it seems there is hope. Things there may be better than they were.
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng is a Sudanese refugee, and he was in his new nation to celebrate its freedom — and host it’s first-ever hoops clinic.
Deng talked about what this all meant to him in a video interview with Yahoo below (follow that link and there is video of the clinic). Watch it and you’ll understand why Deng is so well respected by his peers around the league.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20