Jul 11, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
There is freedom for South Sudan. It’s fragile, it’s not perfect, but for many people it seems there is hope. Things there may be better than they were.
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng is a Sudanese refugee, and he was in his new nation to celebrate its freedom — and host it’s first-ever hoops clinic.
Deng talked about what this all meant to him in a video interview with Yahoo below (follow that link and there is video of the clinic). Watch it and you’ll understand why Deng is so well respected by his peers around the league.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41