Jul 11, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
NBA players make a lot of money, but they spend a lot of money. Just ask Patrick Ewing.
Dwyane Wade, like the rest of us, could use a few extra bucks in his pocket. Right after the lockout started he even tweeted “Any1 hiring?” Which is not really funny with the recession hurting most people badly, but we’ll let it slide for today.
Because Wade got a job offer — his former employer KFC wants him back (via TMZ).
We’ve always been proud to call you a former KFC employee and, it goes without saying we’d love to have you back on our team dishing out the World’s Best Chicken, like you dish out assists on the court.
Our offer: Come serve as an honorary captain at a local KFC drive-thru window. And, while we can’t match your most recent salary, we’ll honor your KFC service by making a donation in your name to Colonel’s Scholars, a charity providing young people with much needed college scholarships, if you accept. How’s that for a slam dunk?
It this a naked publicity stunt? Damn straight it is. But since the NBA decided to cancel Summer League — which would be going on in Las Vegas this week giving us lots of players to break down, deals to report and rumors to pass along — this is what we are stuck with. You get the Colonel and your rumors extra crispy.
If this doesn’t work out for Wade, I bet Kris Humphries would hire him at the Five Guys he owns.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18