Jul 11, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Carl Landry has options. He’s a solid forward, a guy a lot of teams could use off the bench to provide some solid offense, good defense, a few boards and maybe a midrange jumper or two.
New Orleans wants to keep him, but he will have a number of suitors. And of course he has the places he wants to go play. Like seemingly every free agent is it New York or Los Angeles or Miami?
Nope, he told Journal and Courier of Indiana he wants to go home (via CBS Eye on Basketball):
“But I would play in Indiana for the Pacers, and I’m from Milwaukee, so I wouldn’t mind going back there. You just never know where I will end up. I’m more than happy to play anywhere as long as I am playing in the NBA.”
Where will Landry play? For the team that offers him the most money. Don’t think it’s about anything else.
Landry also said he is not going to Europe — as a free agent he thinks he would be taking too big a risk if he got injured. He’s right. An injury would cost him a lot of money (which is why I think you will see a lot of players balk at going overseas when it comes time to sign the paper). And it’s always about the money.
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 1
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 3
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 22
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 10
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)