Jul 11, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Carl Landry has options. He’s a solid forward, a guy a lot of teams could use off the bench to provide some solid offense, good defense, a few boards and maybe a midrange jumper or two.
New Orleans wants to keep him, but he will have a number of suitors. And of course he has the places he wants to go play. Like seemingly every free agent is it New York or Los Angeles or Miami?
Nope, he told Journal and Courier of Indiana he wants to go home (via CBS Eye on Basketball):
“But I would play in Indiana for the Pacers, and I’m from Milwaukee, so I wouldn’t mind going back there. You just never know where I will end up. I’m more than happy to play anywhere as long as I am playing in the NBA.”
Where will Landry play? For the team that offers him the most money. Don’t think it’s about anything else.
Landry also said he is not going to Europe — as a free agent he thinks he would be taking too big a risk if he got injured. He’s right. An injury would cost him a lot of money (which is why I think you will see a lot of players balk at going overseas when it comes time to sign the paper). And it’s always about the money.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29