Jul 11, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
None of it was true.
The Sixers may be gauging the market, but that is different than making a deal. No deal was really likely before the new Collective Bargaining Agreement was in place (nobody was taking on big salaries until they saw the new rules), but even now Iguodala does not expect a move, he told CSNPhilly.com.
“I can’t say I would be surprised, because I wouldn’t be surprised, but I am not expecting it to happen,” he said.
He then went on to say he would be happy to be a Sixer next season.
“I definitely enjoy being here,” Iguodala said at a local basketball camp on Saturday. “Evan [Turner] and I were speaking late last night. We had a really good conversation about how we can really play well together, how we can make each other better so we are looking forward to next year. We even talked about what we were going to do after practice next year. So I am definitely looking forward to improving myself and playing ball…
“Whatever happens will happen, that’s why I made the statement I did right when the season was over,” Iguodala said (he said he’d be happy to be in the NBA next season, not mentioning Philly). “I am just happy to be playing basketball in the NBA. That’s my childhood dream and then it kind of got taken out of context but who wouldn’t want to be living that dream? I am living the dream so why worry about things I can’t control.
“I am just happy to be in this position that when the season starts back up to be on a roster. Where do I want to be? It would be great to be back with the young guys along with Elton Brand and I think we have room to pick up a free agent, so it will be an exciting next year.”
So, Iggy is good with whatever, keep him or ship him out. It’s all very Zen of him. He sounds numb to the rumors. Which is good, because once there is a free agency period again, expect his name to start flying around in trade rumors. Just as it has the last couple seasons. But he is a Sixer when the season tips off, don’t be shocked. Iggy will not be.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 18
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29