Jul 10, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
So Amar’e Stoudemire was making noise about going to Israel to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv, which makes all sorts of sense given his history and the union’s ongoing efforts to prove to the owners they don’t need their stupid league anyway.
Stoudemire posted Saturday that he is backing off of that talk, due to his commitment to New York and the Knicks.
Okay, so technically, Israel isn’t Europe. But the sentiment’s largely the same. Stoudemire won’t be taking his talents elsewhere during the lockout.
Not exactly a stunner considering Stoudemire’s questionable insurable status due to his knee which underwent microfracture years ago and continues to have everyone spooked out of their minds, and the hassle it would take to go over and set everything up. Still, Stoudemire was the kind of player who could really hold a gun to his owner’s head with such a move and his decision not to pursue such a tactic means Stoudemire will just have to try and wait out the lockout… with his tens of millions of dollars.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte