Tony Parker paid $5k to fly with a jet pack on vacation

Jul 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EST

Tony-Parker-Flies

There is no CBA in place right now, so if you do something — like get popped for having marijuana in the car — there is nothing the league or your team can do about it.

So go ahead and take some risks, NBA players.

Like, say, flying with water-propelled jet pack while on vacation in St. Tropez. Which is exactly what Spurs guard Tony Parker did, according to TMZ.

I’m not sure how risky this really is, although if you pay $5,000 to do it (as TMZ reports) you had better get a lot of safety precautions for that money.

Still, this did not get the Gregg Popovich seal of approval. Enjoy the lockout this summer, NBA players.

1. captainwisdom8888 - Jul 8, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Niiiiice. I’ll fly around with a jetpack 100 times before I use my free time riding bulls and nearly gettin stomped to death(ochocinco).

2. seanb20124 - Jul 8, 2011 at 12:11 PM

And I thought the banana boat ride was $$$$

3. bittersonicsfan - Jul 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM

What a cool way to make news. Who hasn’t dreamt of flying in a jet pack? Live Tony, live! This lockout will be more interesting if more things like awesome French point guards on jetpacks keep popping up.

4. ryanmallettsbluntwrap - Jul 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I smoke marijuana , i just worked 55 hours this week , made good money , and now am relaxing n rolling up a green leaf game with some OG kush , legalize weed and jet packs . Don’t drink and drive , Smoke and fly .

5. 00maltliquor - Jul 8, 2011 at 4:02 PM

A freakin’ flying jet pack??! I didn’t even know that was an option to chose to do in life! Goooooooo Tony!!! That pic is classic, too.

6. dcarlock - Jul 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Give the Freakin guy a break!!! He makes tons of $, works hard & is having fun on vacation….NEXT???

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches