Jul 8, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
Gray said that he’s upset people lie about him. Especially when they say that LeBron paid Gray to do the interview. Gray said that he didn’t get paid at all … it was for charity. “I wasn’t going to be the only going to be paid,” Gray said.
Gray also said he was surprised by the backlash, especially because this wasn’t easy for LeBron.
Dan asked Gray what LeBron’s mood was like before. ”You could tell this wasn’t something was easy for him,” Gray said. “It wasn’t jovial. There wasn’t any champagne or any corks going off. … I think it was a tough deal for him.”
Gray thinks it was harder than people realized for LeBron to leave Cleveland. “I think he tried his best to stay a Cavalier,” Gray said. “I think it was hard for him to recruit anyone….”
Dan asked if he could have a mulligan, what would he do differently. Gray said he wished that he explained why they were at the Boys’ and Girls’ club.
I still think it’s amazing — and speaks to how in touch everyone around LeBron was with the reality on the ground — that they were surprised by the backlash to the show. As if they think it’s all about not going to New York or Chicago or wherever. As if they explained the charity part better it would have changed the perception.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 24
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1