Jul 7, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Someday, eventually, we will talk basketball and free agency again instead of percentage of BRI.
When that day comes, the Nets will need to secure a power forward (they traded Derrick Favors to get Deron Williams last season). They also need a three because Travis Outlaw is not the answer, no matter what his father thinks.
But look for the Nets to focus on keeping what they have at the four rather than going for a big splash, then trying to trade for a three, according to tweets from Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News.
Contrary to report, Kris Humphries remains Nets No. 1 target at power forward, according to league source, not Nene.
Also, Nets are looking to acquire a small forward via trade rather than free agency, source says.
For a team with Brook Lopez, trying to pay big money to Nene doesn’t make a lot of sense (even if you see Lopez as a trade chip should Dwight Howard come on the market). Getting Humphries back is a good, affordable move that gives you solid play and lets you put your resources toward filling another hole.
The three is a hole, but that is apparently not where the Nets want to put their free agency money. They may be saving that for the summer of 2012.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona