Jul 7, 2011, 7:52 PM EST
You hear how a lot of teams would like a shot blocking, rebound machine like Tyson Chandler in the paint for them.
Well, why get a player “like” Chandler when you can get Chandler himself — he will be a free agent. Well, once we get to free agency after the annoying lockout.
The Mavericks have made it a top priority to bring him back, but for obvious reasons (they like winning). But Chandler is wisely saying he is going to play the field, whenever he gets the chance to play the field. That’s what he told ESPN Dallas.
“It’s a great point in my career, and I’m coming up under free agency and there’s a lot of great teams out there, a lot of great opportunities out there, a lot of up-and-building things,” Chandler said Tuesday in a phone interview. “So, I mean, I’ve got to take a look at all that. I’ve got to take everything into consideration, and the good thing is I’m on a good side. I’m coming off an incredible year, so it’s not a situation where it’s worrisome.”
Translation: “I’m going to get paid.”
Smart money says he ends up back with the Mavericks, but because we don’t know what the rules will be anything could happen. So Chandler will play the field.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8