Jul 7, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
You hear how a lot of teams would like a shot blocking, rebound machine like Tyson Chandler in the paint for them.
Well, why get a player “like” Chandler when you can get Chandler himself — he will be a free agent. Well, once we get to free agency after the annoying lockout.
The Mavericks have made it a top priority to bring him back, but for obvious reasons (they like winning). But Chandler is wisely saying he is going to play the field, whenever he gets the chance to play the field. That’s what he told ESPN Dallas.
“It’s a great point in my career, and I’m coming up under free agency and there’s a lot of great teams out there, a lot of great opportunities out there, a lot of up-and-building things,” Chandler said Tuesday in a phone interview. “So, I mean, I’ve got to take a look at all that. I’ve got to take everything into consideration, and the good thing is I’m on a good side. I’m coming off an incredible year, so it’s not a situation where it’s worrisome.”
Translation: “I’m going to get paid.”
Smart money says he ends up back with the Mavericks, but because we don’t know what the rules will be anything could happen. So Chandler will play the field.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 0
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4