Jul 7, 2011, 7:52 PM EST
You hear how a lot of teams would like a shot blocking, rebound machine like Tyson Chandler in the paint for them.
Well, why get a player “like” Chandler when you can get Chandler himself — he will be a free agent. Well, once we get to free agency after the annoying lockout.
The Mavericks have made it a top priority to bring him back, but for obvious reasons (they like winning). But Chandler is wisely saying he is going to play the field, whenever he gets the chance to play the field. That’s what he told ESPN Dallas.
“It’s a great point in my career, and I’m coming up under free agency and there’s a lot of great teams out there, a lot of great opportunities out there, a lot of up-and-building things,” Chandler said Tuesday in a phone interview. “So, I mean, I’ve got to take a look at all that. I’ve got to take everything into consideration, and the good thing is I’m on a good side. I’m coming off an incredible year, so it’s not a situation where it’s worrisome.”
Translation: “I’m going to get paid.”
Smart money says he ends up back with the Mavericks, but because we don’t know what the rules will be anything could happen. So Chandler will play the field.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 4
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 40
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 6
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5