Jul 7, 2011, 7:52 PM EST
You hear how a lot of teams would like a shot blocking, rebound machine like Tyson Chandler in the paint for them.
Well, why get a player “like” Chandler when you can get Chandler himself — he will be a free agent. Well, once we get to free agency after the annoying lockout.
The Mavericks have made it a top priority to bring him back, but for obvious reasons (they like winning). But Chandler is wisely saying he is going to play the field, whenever he gets the chance to play the field. That’s what he told ESPN Dallas.
“It’s a great point in my career, and I’m coming up under free agency and there’s a lot of great teams out there, a lot of great opportunities out there, a lot of up-and-building things,” Chandler said Tuesday in a phone interview. “So, I mean, I’ve got to take a look at all that. I’ve got to take everything into consideration, and the good thing is I’m on a good side. I’m coming off an incredible year, so it’s not a situation where it’s worrisome.”
Translation: “I’m going to get paid.”
Smart money says he ends up back with the Mavericks, but because we don’t know what the rules will be anything could happen. So Chandler will play the field.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41