Jul 7, 2011, 7:52 PM EST
You hear how a lot of teams would like a shot blocking, rebound machine like Tyson Chandler in the paint for them.
Well, why get a player “like” Chandler when you can get Chandler himself — he will be a free agent. Well, once we get to free agency after the annoying lockout.
The Mavericks have made it a top priority to bring him back, but for obvious reasons (they like winning). But Chandler is wisely saying he is going to play the field, whenever he gets the chance to play the field. That’s what he told ESPN Dallas.
“It’s a great point in my career, and I’m coming up under free agency and there’s a lot of great teams out there, a lot of great opportunities out there, a lot of up-and-building things,” Chandler said Tuesday in a phone interview. “So, I mean, I’ve got to take a look at all that. I’ve got to take everything into consideration, and the good thing is I’m on a good side. I’m coming off an incredible year, so it’s not a situation where it’s worrisome.”
Translation: “I’m going to get paid.”
Smart money says he ends up back with the Mavericks, but because we don’t know what the rules will be anything could happen. So Chandler will play the field.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11