Jul 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Mickael Pietrus did not like how he was used by the Phoenix Suns after being traded to them from Orlando last season.
And he said Kobe Bryant himself would like to see Pietrus as a Laker.
“Phoenix didn’t use me, but that’s their problem. I’m going to continue working. The only thing I care about is winning a title.”
“A lot of teams are interested in me, like the Lakers or the Celtics. This came from the best player in the world: Kobe Bryant. He told me two months ago that he would like to see me with the Lakers.”
Pietrus just picked up his $5.3 million player option with the Suns, so he didn’t want to leave THAT bad.
Kobe Bryant may be one of the best players in the game today, but his GM skills have always been questionable. At best. The Lakers need to get more athletic but do they need another wing player who is a spotty shooter (39.2 percent overall with the Suns, 34.2 percent from three) and plays inconsistent defense? Not sure that solves the Lakers problems.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 31
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25