Jul 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Mickael Pietrus did not like how he was used by the Phoenix Suns after being traded to them from Orlando last season.
And he said Kobe Bryant himself would like to see Pietrus as a Laker.
“Phoenix didn’t use me, but that’s their problem. I’m going to continue working. The only thing I care about is winning a title.”
“A lot of teams are interested in me, like the Lakers or the Celtics. This came from the best player in the world: Kobe Bryant. He told me two months ago that he would like to see me with the Lakers.”
Pietrus just picked up his $5.3 million player option with the Suns, so he didn’t want to leave THAT bad.
Kobe Bryant may be one of the best players in the game today, but his GM skills have always been questionable. At best. The Lakers need to get more athletic but do they need another wing player who is a spotty shooter (39.2 percent overall with the Suns, 34.2 percent from three) and plays inconsistent defense? Not sure that solves the Lakers problems.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 12
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 13
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay