Jul 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Mickael Pietrus did not like how he was used by the Phoenix Suns after being traded to them from Orlando last season.
And he said Kobe Bryant himself would like to see Pietrus as a Laker.
“Phoenix didn’t use me, but that’s their problem. I’m going to continue working. The only thing I care about is winning a title.”
“A lot of teams are interested in me, like the Lakers or the Celtics. This came from the best player in the world: Kobe Bryant. He told me two months ago that he would like to see me with the Lakers.”
Pietrus just picked up his $5.3 million player option with the Suns, so he didn’t want to leave THAT bad.
Kobe Bryant may be one of the best players in the game today, but his GM skills have always been questionable. At best. The Lakers need to get more athletic but do they need another wing player who is a spotty shooter (39.2 percent overall with the Suns, 34.2 percent from three) and plays inconsistent defense? Not sure that solves the Lakers problems.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30