Jul 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Mickael Pietrus did not like how he was used by the Phoenix Suns after being traded to them from Orlando last season.
And he said Kobe Bryant himself would like to see Pietrus as a Laker.
“Phoenix didn’t use me, but that’s their problem. I’m going to continue working. The only thing I care about is winning a title.”
“A lot of teams are interested in me, like the Lakers or the Celtics. This came from the best player in the world: Kobe Bryant. He told me two months ago that he would like to see me with the Lakers.”
Pietrus just picked up his $5.3 million player option with the Suns, so he didn’t want to leave THAT bad.
Kobe Bryant may be one of the best players in the game today, but his GM skills have always been questionable. At best. The Lakers need to get more athletic but do they need another wing player who is a spotty shooter (39.2 percent overall with the Suns, 34.2 percent from three) and plays inconsistent defense? Not sure that solves the Lakers problems.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8