Jul 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Mickael Pietrus did not like how he was used by the Phoenix Suns after being traded to them from Orlando last season.
And he said Kobe Bryant himself would like to see Pietrus as a Laker.
“Phoenix didn’t use me, but that’s their problem. I’m going to continue working. The only thing I care about is winning a title.”
“A lot of teams are interested in me, like the Lakers or the Celtics. This came from the best player in the world: Kobe Bryant. He told me two months ago that he would like to see me with the Lakers.”
Pietrus just picked up his $5.3 million player option with the Suns, so he didn’t want to leave THAT bad.
Kobe Bryant may be one of the best players in the game today, but his GM skills have always been questionable. At best. The Lakers need to get more athletic but do they need another wing player who is a spotty shooter (39.2 percent overall with the Suns, 34.2 percent from three) and plays inconsistent defense? Not sure that solves the Lakers problems.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42