Jul 7, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Jason Terry just can’t help himself.
All through the finals he didn’t back down and trash talked LeBron. The Mavs won, but Terry isn’t done.
Remember how after the finals ended LeBron said that all those Heat haters, “at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today.”
Terry told New York-based Zags blog that he is happy to go back to his life.
“Well, my normal little life just got a little bigger, so I thank him for that,” the Dallas Mavericks guard said Wednesday at the Reebok Breakout Challenge at Philadelphia University.
Terry also gave his theory on why he and the Mavericks are NBA champions.
“Basketball’s a team sport,” said Terry, who averaged 17.5 points per game in the playoffs and shot over 44 percent from three-point range. “When you out in competition, it takes five guys on the court at a time. They had three great players. They just needed a little more help. We had about nine or 10 exceptional players that played well. We maximized our individual talent within a team concept and that’s why we’re the NBA champions.”
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37