Jul 7, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Jason Terry just can’t help himself.
All through the finals he didn’t back down and trash talked LeBron. The Mavs won, but Terry isn’t done.
Remember how after the finals ended LeBron said that all those Heat haters, “at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today.”
Terry told New York-based Zags blog that he is happy to go back to his life.
“Well, my normal little life just got a little bigger, so I thank him for that,” the Dallas Mavericks guard said Wednesday at the Reebok Breakout Challenge at Philadelphia University.
Terry also gave his theory on why he and the Mavericks are NBA champions.
“Basketball’s a team sport,” said Terry, who averaged 17.5 points per game in the playoffs and shot over 44 percent from three-point range. “When you out in competition, it takes five guys on the court at a time. They had three great players. They just needed a little more help. We had about nine or 10 exceptional players that played well. We maximized our individual talent within a team concept and that’s why we’re the NBA champions.”
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 7
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 0
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15