Jul 7, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Jason Terry just can’t help himself.
All through the finals he didn’t back down and trash talked LeBron. The Mavs won, but Terry isn’t done.
Remember how after the finals ended LeBron said that all those Heat haters, “at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today.”
Terry told New York-based Zags blog that he is happy to go back to his life.
“Well, my normal little life just got a little bigger, so I thank him for that,” the Dallas Mavericks guard said Wednesday at the Reebok Breakout Challenge at Philadelphia University.
Terry also gave his theory on why he and the Mavericks are NBA champions.
“Basketball’s a team sport,” said Terry, who averaged 17.5 points per game in the playoffs and shot over 44 percent from three-point range. “When you out in competition, it takes five guys on the court at a time. They had three great players. They just needed a little more help. We had about nine or 10 exceptional players that played well. We maximized our individual talent within a team concept and that’s why we’re the NBA champions.”
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- PBT: LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games