Jul 7, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
And I want to drive a Maserati GranTurismo convertible…
Ergin Ataman, the coach of the Turkish team Besiktas in Istanbul that has a deal in principle with Deron Williams in a real coup — one that has to get the clearance of international governing body FIBA still — plus has reached terms with Zaza Pachulia is now just getting greedy.
The coach whose 19-11 team finished sixth in the Turkish League last year told our man Howard Beck of the New York Times he’d also like to sign Kobe Bryant. Again, back to me and the Maserati, but that’s what he said.
“If there’s a possibility, we’ll talk with Kobe if he’d like to play in Europe with Deron and with other guys to play we can talk with him,” Ataman said. “If Kobe would like to play with us, we will also contact his agent and maybe with him.”
Yea, right. I hear Kobe wants Mickael Pietrus to play with him in Turkey…
Getting D-Will is a great signing by Besiktas, great public relations move even if he never steps on the court for them. And he may not — their first game is Sept. 27 and if there is going to be a full NBA season the lockout needs to be ended and a new NBA labor deal struck right about then.
Besiktas is a team that also missed payroll at a point last season and the players went on strike. Make sure you can make the Williams thing work and stop dreaming about Kobe… he’s doing a barnstorming tour of China anyway.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13