Joe Johnson has a ridiculous truck

Jul 6, 2011, 6:40 PM EDT

Joe Johnson Truckpocalypse

Joe Johnson, who got the largest contract of any player in the summer of 2010, apparently spent a chunk of that money on the truck you see here. According to SB Nation’s Andrew Sharp, the truck contains three televisions, front and rear televisions, a seat that folds into a bed, and a “train horn.”

1. edweird0 - Jul 6, 2011 at 6:45 PM

“Clearly, the players do have a default plan for a potential lockout: if things get truly dire, everyone can live in Joe Johnson’s truck for a few months.” LOL. It’s gunna be even funnier when this guy goes broke

2. edmazeing1 - Jul 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Thing holds 200 gallon of gas, thank god he got that big contract!!!

3. worldbfree4me - Jul 6, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Don’t hate @Edweido! If your money was as long as Joe’s, you’d spoil yourself too!! This custom F-550 runs about 100k hardly enough to dent his pockets!!!

• edweird0 - Jul 6, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Lol I’m not hating, just saying. If my money was as long as Joe’s, you’d best believe I’d be investing it in something worthwhile, not something thats losing value every minute.

• proudwolf - Jul 6, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Hey Man, everyone has a “big idea”. It’s his money and his responsibility.

• southbeachtalent - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Every single vehicle loses value unless you buy a classic and PARK it. So if you were paid you would ride a bike? A classic schwinn nonetheless (they hold their value pretty good).

Give me a break.

4. virusgvr - Jul 6, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Just another thing that DFN’s spend stupid money on!!!

• theghostofwillisreed - Jul 6, 2011 at 9:13 PM

…because no one has any clue what “dfn” stands for… and why are you on a pro basketball forum again?

• hbdbrowns33 - Jul 6, 2011 at 9:38 PM

i know what it means and dude should be blocked

• drmonkeyarmy - Jul 6, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I think I know what he means and hbdbrowns is right, that guy should be blocked. Stating ones opinion is one thing, but spewing nonsense like that should not be tolerated.

• nocryinginbaseball07 - Jul 7, 2011 at 7:25 PM

I know exactly what it means, and you’re right. Disgusting. And I sense a little jealousy, too.

5. downtowndanny - Jul 6, 2011 at 10:00 PM

that thing looks ridiculous and I have a Ford truck. If I know Ford, that thing gets around 8mpg or worse. but hey, it’s his money. I would have around 20 cars so I cant throw stones at him.

6. edmazeing1 - Jul 6, 2011 at 10:24 PM

@ (theghostofwillisreed) u tell him.

7. icu84bs - Jul 7, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I know it is ‘wrong’ but what can I say, I like the truck.

8. goforthanddie - Jul 7, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Suddenly I find myself siding with the owners.

• southbeachtalent - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM

The billionaires? Yea they’d never buy a vehicle like that.. That’s what their butler’s drive.

• goforthanddie - Jul 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Owners stick to proper limos. That thing looks like Larry the Cable Guy’s idiot brother won the Powerball.

9. acharlot5 - Jul 7, 2011 at 8:53 AM

LOL so many haters. Like if you guys had the money you would buy a honda accord hybrid or something. if you had this type of money you would do some sort of the same thing.. Whats wrong with buying something nice for yourself?

10. zahm08 - Jul 7, 2011 at 9:19 AM

He’s had this truck since 2008 I believe. Holds 200 gallons of diesel.

11. virusgvr - Jul 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM

It’s true!!! Stop being mad at me. Everything I said is 100% true! Why would anyone need/want that truck? The simple fact is that these people make to much money and it’s no wonder that they are broke within 5 years of getting out of the league.

• southbeachtalent - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Stop being mad at you??!?? what are you 8 yrs old? DFN is what people are mad at you about you douchebag.. Spineless coward…. Oh I know you must be a DFC. See if your pea brain can figure that out.

• goforthanddie - Jul 8, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I don’t know that calling someone a “c” is terribly insulting. I’ve been called that a few times, I just laugh and think about a nice big bowl of chili.

• nocryinginbaseball07 - Jul 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Who are “these people”? Hmm. Do you know what DFAH means?

12. southbeachtalent - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:30 PM

So the guy owns a big truck so what. I know people who are not NBA players and have much nicer vehicles. The Hating on this website is at an all time high. I know what will get the haters’ panties in a bunch, what does LeBron (aka the anti-christ) drive??

13. worldbfree4me - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:37 PM

@virusgvr Real Men love the Toys and they love the Girls with the cute faces and chubby wastes! We always have and always will. Trick Tabs and Baby Mama’s is what mostly contributes to a man’s sinking ship. Oh, drugs too, and not the herbal type. Shalom

14. virusgvr - Jul 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM

@southbeachtalent… Spineless coward? Why? I wouldn’t be able post the meaning of DFN otherwise. So… I just use that to get my point across. Another thing… You say “the guy just has a big truck, so what”? Do me a favor, go look at as many “big trucks” as you want ANYWHERE in the USA and I bet you would find that none of them are like this. It’s like Mr. Johnson on the Titans why cant you understand him? Its because he has to much crap in his mouth to be able to. I really like the fact some of these players have 5 children from 4 different mothers. You don’t see white players doing dumb stuff like that do you? You don’t see white people having trucks like the one in this picture do you? I rest my case.

• southbeachtalent - Jul 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM

A coward because you would never say that to his face. And to your point about “white” people never driving trucks like that. You have to be either kidding or slow. I actually have seen a lot of white people driving huge monster-truck style pick up trucks. I don’t take a poll on what color the person driving the trucks are, I have a life. You are obviously jealous and prejudice, great combination.

Just so you know Jake Long the Miami Dolphins tackle, has a huge truck similar to this one except it’s all black. See it all the time. In conclusion, you’re a racist a-hole. have a great day virus…..

15. joshwalk2fan - Jul 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Why do yall keep hatin on Joe. He has a family and stuff to think about not what yall think about him. If he want to go and blow all his money on a car he can but im pretty sure it didnt dent his pocket so yall hop off his back and let him live his life dang…… Joe U do yo thang big homie….

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches