Jul 6, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
The Lakers are down are down, and people are lining up to kick them. After three straight trips to the finals and two titles, the Los Angeles was unceremoniously swept out of the playoffs in the second round by Dallas. Then the Lakers lost their coach, who was a bigger star than most of the players. There are questions about if they can bounce back.
“Kobe is super arrogant but everybody loves him,” Mahinmi said. “To me, Kobe is more arrogant (than LeBron James).”
Kobe lives for that kind of fuel, we’ll see if he takes it out Mavericks when they play next season (and we’ll see if in the quest to prove himself he takes the Lakers out of their offensive flow with his domination of the ball). Most players don’t play well angry, Kobe is one of the exceptions. Next season could be interesting out west.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 8
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 34
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25