Jul 6, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
The Lakers are down are down, and people are lining up to kick them. After three straight trips to the finals and two titles, the Los Angeles was unceremoniously swept out of the playoffs in the second round by Dallas. Then the Lakers lost their coach, who was a bigger star than most of the players. There are questions about if they can bounce back.
“Kobe is super arrogant but everybody loves him,” Mahinmi said. “To me, Kobe is more arrogant (than LeBron James).”
Kobe lives for that kind of fuel, we’ll see if he takes it out Mavericks when they play next season (and we’ll see if in the quest to prove himself he takes the Lakers out of their offensive flow with his domination of the ball). Most players don’t play well angry, Kobe is one of the exceptions. Next season could be interesting out west.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 1
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 21
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 19
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 28
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10