Jul 6, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
The Lakers are down are down, and people are lining up to kick them. After three straight trips to the finals and two titles, the Los Angeles was unceremoniously swept out of the playoffs in the second round by Dallas. Then the Lakers lost their coach, who was a bigger star than most of the players. There are questions about if they can bounce back.
“Kobe is super arrogant but everybody loves him,” Mahinmi said. “To me, Kobe is more arrogant (than LeBron James).”
Kobe lives for that kind of fuel, we’ll see if he takes it out Mavericks when they play next season (and we’ll see if in the quest to prove himself he takes the Lakers out of their offensive flow with his domination of the ball). Most players don’t play well angry, Kobe is one of the exceptions. Next season could be interesting out west.
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 0
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36