Jul 5, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Drew League isn’t the only place to catch NBA stars right now, if you happen to be in France this Friday…
Portland Trail Blazer Nicolas Batum is putting together an “all star” exhibition in France this Friday that will feature Tony Parker, George Hill and Ian Mahinmi, according to the French paper OuestFrance (via the Project Spurs blog).
Batum is a guy whose name comes up as a potential guy to play in Europe — specifically back in his native France — if there is an extended NBA lockout. But he is also a guy who has an NBA contract that has a couple more years on it so he would need a special clearance from FIBA to sign with another team. FIBA has hinted they might grant those clearances if a full NBA season were lost, but now we’re talking January at best and any good European squad would have filled its roster by then.
For now, the only way you are seeing Batum on the continent is in an exhibition game on Friday.
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 61