Jul 5, 2011, 9:55 AM EST
The Los Angeles Drew League isn’t the only place to catch NBA stars right now, if you happen to be in France this Friday…
Portland Trail Blazer Nicolas Batum is putting together an “all star” exhibition in France this Friday that will feature Tony Parker, George Hill and Ian Mahinmi, according to the French paper OuestFrance (via the Project Spurs blog).
Batum is a guy whose name comes up as a potential guy to play in Europe — specifically back in his native France — if there is an extended NBA lockout. But he is also a guy who has an NBA contract that has a couple more years on it so he would need a special clearance from FIBA to sign with another team. FIBA has hinted they might grant those clearances if a full NBA season were lost, but now we’re talking January at best and any good European squad would have filled its roster by then.
For now, the only way you are seeing Batum on the continent is in an exhibition game on Friday.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 2
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 3
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22