Jul 5, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Drew League isn’t the only place to catch NBA stars right now, if you happen to be in France this Friday…
Portland Trail Blazer Nicolas Batum is putting together an “all star” exhibition in France this Friday that will feature Tony Parker, George Hill and Ian Mahinmi, according to the French paper OuestFrance (via the Project Spurs blog).
Batum is a guy whose name comes up as a potential guy to play in Europe — specifically back in his native France — if there is an extended NBA lockout. But he is also a guy who has an NBA contract that has a couple more years on it so he would need a special clearance from FIBA to sign with another team. FIBA has hinted they might grant those clearances if a full NBA season were lost, but now we’re talking January at best and any good European squad would have filled its roster by then.
For now, the only way you are seeing Batum on the continent is in an exhibition game on Friday.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13