Jul 5, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Drew League isn’t the only place to catch NBA stars right now, if you happen to be in France this Friday…
Portland Trail Blazer Nicolas Batum is putting together an “all star” exhibition in France this Friday that will feature Tony Parker, George Hill and Ian Mahinmi, according to the French paper OuestFrance (via the Project Spurs blog).
Batum is a guy whose name comes up as a potential guy to play in Europe — specifically back in his native France — if there is an extended NBA lockout. But he is also a guy who has an NBA contract that has a couple more years on it so he would need a special clearance from FIBA to sign with another team. FIBA has hinted they might grant those clearances if a full NBA season were lost, but now we’re talking January at best and any good European squad would have filled its roster by then.
For now, the only way you are seeing Batum on the continent is in an exhibition game on Friday.
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 4
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 21
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 45
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement