Jul 5, 2011, 9:55 AM EST
The Los Angeles Drew League isn’t the only place to catch NBA stars right now, if you happen to be in France this Friday…
Portland Trail Blazer Nicolas Batum is putting together an “all star” exhibition in France this Friday that will feature Tony Parker, George Hill and Ian Mahinmi, according to the French paper OuestFrance (via the Project Spurs blog).
Batum is a guy whose name comes up as a potential guy to play in Europe — specifically back in his native France — if there is an extended NBA lockout. But he is also a guy who has an NBA contract that has a couple more years on it so he would need a special clearance from FIBA to sign with another team. FIBA has hinted they might grant those clearances if a full NBA season were lost, but now we’re talking January at best and any good European squad would have filled its roster by then.
For now, the only way you are seeing Batum on the continent is in an exhibition game on Friday.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13