Jul 5, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
During this lockout, some NBA players are going to get fat. It happened last time with Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker, to name a couple.
It’s not happening to Andrew Bynum. He’s teamed up with legendary boxing trainer Freddie Roach and is doing the boxing workout. Here is Bynum’s tweet about his plans for Monday while you were recovering from a weekend hangover.
I got a two a day tomorrow first road work in the morning, then back in the ring in the afternoon! I’m going hard yall!
I’m not sure Bynum is built for boxing (tall boxers generally struggle, Vitali Klitschko at 6’7” is the exception but there are not a lot of fighters over 6’4” or so that have a ton of success). Ed “Too Tall” Jones was 6-0 as a fighter, but really he was better as a Cowboy defensive lineman. That was not a tough lineup he faced. Kind of like Bynum saying he knocked down J.J. Barea.
But at least Bynum is working out and staying in shape. No Kemp here.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9