Jul 5, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
During this lockout, some NBA players are going to get fat. It happened last time with Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker, to name a couple.
It’s not happening to Andrew Bynum. He’s teamed up with legendary boxing trainer Freddie Roach and is doing the boxing workout. Here is Bynum’s tweet about his plans for Monday while you were recovering from a weekend hangover.
I got a two a day tomorrow first road work in the morning, then back in the ring in the afternoon! I’m going hard yall!
I’m not sure Bynum is built for boxing (tall boxers generally struggle, Vitali Klitschko at 6’7” is the exception but there are not a lot of fighters over 6’4” or so that have a ton of success). Ed “Too Tall” Jones was 6-0 as a fighter, but really he was better as a Cowboy defensive lineman. That was not a tough lineup he faced. Kind of like Bynum saying he knocked down J.J. Barea.
But at least Bynum is working out and staying in shape. No Kemp here.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61