Jul 4, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
The only really interesting pre-lockout trade in the NBA was the Cavaliers sending J.J. Hickson to the Sacramento Kings for Omri Casspi and a future pick (likely first rounder but there are a number of protections on it).
Generally, it is thought the Kings won that trade (they got the better player). But there is also certainly some interest around the league in the Israeli Casspi, as Marc Stein of ESPN noted on twitter.
Word is Knicks/Spurs still hot for Casspi and checked in to see if they could wedge their way into last trade fun of 2010-11. But … Cavs told ‘em they traded for Casspi with intent to keep him. GM Chris Grant says Cavs have liked Casspi since Kings drafted him in 2009
Interesting. If the Cavs do decide down the line they need to make another move to get a specific piece, don’t be shocked if Casspi’s name comes up in the rumors. There is interest in him from teams around the league.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38