Jul 4, 2011, 10:21 AM EST
As the NBA lockout drags out more and more NBA players are going to end up talking about or being rumored as headed to Europe.
Today’s list is headed up by free agent forward Carl Landry, who has interest from Armani Jeans Milano, according to the Gazetta della Sport (via Hoopshype). With all the rumors out there Landry is the one guy who could make the jump with little problem as he is a free agent and can sign anywhere he wants without needing clearance from FIBA. Not that Landry is going to make the jump, but the report is that Milano is interested and they have some money (guess who sponsors the team, just guess).
I’m in a better situation that the players who have valid contracts with NBA teams. If the lockout ends they will have to return to their teams. As a free agent I can play the entire next season in Europe, or even more than one season.
He said he hasn’t gotten any offers yet but he sounds like a guy who will seriously consider those that come to him.
Serge Ibaka is not a free agent, but he played a couple years in Spain before coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder and said that if the lockout drags out he would consider returning to Spain, he told a radio station in Spain, via the Oklahoman. He does not have offers and even if a full NBA season were cancelled he would need a special clearance letter from FIBA to return to play in the ABC.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 6
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 15