Jul 1, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Finally, LeBron James exploited a mismatch inside and attacked the rim.
Of course, it was a month after the season was over and it was what appears to be an 11-year-old at a youth basketball camp. The home video is below — James misses a couple of wide-open jump shots (insert your own joke about that here) then after the second miss follows it by getting the ball, charging the rim and throwing down the dunk. Thing is, the kid was just standing under the rim after finishing his layup.
People want to get on LeBron for this, but the kid was clearly in the restricted area.
The kid’s handlers did not go around the gym and try to confiscate tapes of the video, which was a nice change of pace.
(Seriously, if you want read into this about LeBron’s personality or ego or what have you based on the video, um, pick a better fight. There are a whole host of things out of the finals worthy of discussion, but him messing around at a camp and accidentally knocking a kid over, that’s not serious in any sense of the word.)
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30