Jul 1, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
We told you earlier today, the NBA is VERY serious about the whole “teams cannot contact players during the lockout” thing. If you’re the team PR guy and you just happen to run into a player at the grocery store, you have to file a notice with the league.
But what happens when the two want to interact in a non-basketball setting?
While the Heat declined comment Friday, citing league guidelines, the team apparently has already cleared the appearances of management and the coaching staff at the power forward’s nuptials through the NBA.
NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Friday, “There are exceptions to the general no-contact rule in special or unusual circumstances.”
Now, if Eric Spoelstra slips a workout program into the wedding card he gives Bosh… well, we don’t need to worry about that because what guy opens up the wedding cards? His wife will see it and throw it out, Bosh will never know and that will be that.
Good luck to Bosh and his wife. Let’s hope the lockout doesn’t last so long they can take an extended honeymoon.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9