Jul 1, 2011, 6:59 PM EDT
In case you are not sure exactly why the NBA is locking out, you should read our Q&A explanation… which is the best we can do.
SBN collected his 140 characters into paragraphs for us, and he gets it (from a players perspective).
For the people who don’t know why they’re lockin out… I’ll explain it in real people terms. Lakers, Dallas, Miami, Knicks, Magic, Bulls, Boston, and a few others always have the best chance at the top free agents due to city and money. So the smaller cities team can’t compete. So they can never get better and they’re always losing money. So since they cant control each other spending money on players, they want us to do it for them by signing a new deal. It’s that simple.
There’s a lot more. Go read it.
Mark Cuban would disagree on twitter, but David Stern would fine him.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0