Jul 1, 2011, 6:59 PM EST
In case you are not sure exactly why the NBA is locking out, you should read our Q&A explanation… which is the best we can do.
SBN collected his 140 characters into paragraphs for us, and he gets it (from a players perspective).
For the people who don’t know why they’re lockin out… I’ll explain it in real people terms. Lakers, Dallas, Miami, Knicks, Magic, Bulls, Boston, and a few others always have the best chance at the top free agents due to city and money. So the smaller cities team can’t compete. So they can never get better and they’re always losing money. So since they cant control each other spending money on players, they want us to do it for them by signing a new deal. It’s that simple.
There’s a lot more. Go read it.
Mark Cuban would disagree on twitter, but David Stern would fine him.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16