Jul 1, 2011, 6:59 PM EDT
In case you are not sure exactly why the NBA is locking out, you should read our Q&A explanation… which is the best we can do.
SBN collected his 140 characters into paragraphs for us, and he gets it (from a players perspective).
For the people who don’t know why they’re lockin out… I’ll explain it in real people terms. Lakers, Dallas, Miami, Knicks, Magic, Bulls, Boston, and a few others always have the best chance at the top free agents due to city and money. So the smaller cities team can’t compete. So they can never get better and they’re always losing money. So since they cant control each other spending money on players, they want us to do it for them by signing a new deal. It’s that simple.
There’s a lot more. Go read it.
Mark Cuban would disagree on twitter, but David Stern would fine him.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7