Jun 30, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
As you may have heard by now, the NBA has decided that it will indeed lock out its players once the current collective bargaining agreement expires at 12:01 a.m. on July 1. You may also have heard about just how many aspects of league business will be affected by this lockout decision — basically, all of them, but for our purposes here, let’s focus on the league’s web content.
The short version is, there won’t be much of it, as long as a lockout is in place. Kevin Arnovitz broke it down nicely over at TrueHoop, and what it comes down to is this: All images of players and video highlights on league-owned websites will have to disappear once the lockout officially goes into effect, and stay tucked away on a server somewhere until a new agreement is reached.
As a public service to our readers, and to perhaps give you all a glimpse at the type of content these team websites might be forced to publish, we bring you former BYU star and Sacramento Kings first round draft pick Jimmer Fredette’s brother, T.J., showcasing his rapping ability during halftime of a streetball game in New York City. Thankfully (?), InsideHoops.com was there to capture the video.
So, yeah. It’s going to be a long, long summer.
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 6
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 15
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 15
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 41
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (100)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (86)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay