Jun 30, 2011, 4:37 PM EST
This isn’t exactly the exodus of big name players to Europe because of the lockout we were all talking about, but we pass it along anyway.
Armstrong played a limited role for the Wizards and Hawks last season (he was traded to Atlanta as a throw in with the Kirk Hinrich deal). A sign of Armstrong’s effectiveness is that he couldn’t get minutes ahead of Jason Collins in Atlanta. The only time he made headlines was for a nasty foul on Joel Anthony that got him a suspension.
Armstrong was the former first round pick (No. 12 overall) of the Hornets back in 2006.
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 0
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 6
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)