Jun 30, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
This isn’t exactly the exodus of big name players to Europe because of the lockout we were all talking about, but we pass it along anyway.
Armstrong played a limited role for the Wizards and Hawks last season (he was traded to Atlanta as a throw in with the Kirk Hinrich deal). A sign of Armstrong’s effectiveness is that he couldn’t get minutes ahead of Jason Collins in Atlanta. The only time he made headlines was for a nasty foul on Joel Anthony that got him a suspension.
Armstrong was the former first round pick (No. 12 overall) of the Hornets back in 2006.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 31
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23