Jun 30, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
Glen Davis is going to be a free agent at midnight. Not that he can do much about it, not until a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is in place.
Whenever that does happen, Davis told the Boston Herald he wants to remain with the Celtics. But things are far too unpredictable right now…
“Man, I do (want to stay with Boston),” Davis said yesterday. “Do you know how much I’ve grown and learned with those guys? I want to keep playing with Ray (Allen) and Paul (Pierce) until they leave.”
Too much is unknown, though. In Ainge’s quest to find a capable big man this summer, Davis is probably the Celtics’ best chip in a sign-and-trade deal.
“I’m preparing like it’s any other summer, because you never know with the CBA,” Davis said. “As soon as that deal is done, free agents are going to be going like crazy to get signed. But there’s no way to gauge what (a contract) is worth.”
That’s assuming sign-and-trades are even allowed in the new CBA (a lot of owners want to do away with them). But the idea is still the same, nobody is able to predict what is ahead.
Davis also is open in this interview — as he was in previous ones — about seeing a sports psychologist. Davis realizes he was not effective in the playoffs, that he struggled with how he was used, and that it was on him (not Doc Rivers) to adjust. He’s going to come out of this a better player on the other end. Wherever he lands.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 0
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 3
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 22
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54