Jun 30, 2011, 2:55 PM EST
Glen Davis is going to be a free agent at midnight. Not that he can do much about it, not until a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is in place.
Whenever that does happen, Davis told the Boston Herald he wants to remain with the Celtics. But things are far too unpredictable right now…
“Man, I do (want to stay with Boston),” Davis said yesterday. “Do you know how much I’ve grown and learned with those guys? I want to keep playing with Ray (Allen) and Paul (Pierce) until they leave.”
Too much is unknown, though. In Ainge’s quest to find a capable big man this summer, Davis is probably the Celtics’ best chip in a sign-and-trade deal.
“I’m preparing like it’s any other summer, because you never know with the CBA,” Davis said. “As soon as that deal is done, free agents are going to be going like crazy to get signed. But there’s no way to gauge what (a contract) is worth.”
That’s assuming sign-and-trades are even allowed in the new CBA (a lot of owners want to do away with them). But the idea is still the same, nobody is able to predict what is ahead.
Davis also is open in this interview — as he was in previous ones — about seeing a sports psychologist. Davis realizes he was not effective in the playoffs, that he struggled with how he was used, and that it was on him (not Doc Rivers) to adjust. He’s going to come out of this a better player on the other end. Wherever he lands.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15