Jun 29, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
It’s an ugly story in amongst all the great things that happened in Dallas around the Mavericks winning their first NBA title — a woman who had gone to a Dallas bar to watch Game 6 was severely beaten and raped walking back to her car after the game.
A reward fund was set up to find the perpetrators of the act, and now Mark Cuban has pitched in $20,000 to anyone who can come forward with information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible, according to ESPN Dallas. The total reward money is now at $35,000.
Police are still investigating, including trying to matchup DNA evidence, according to the report.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 12
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43