Jun 29, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
It’s an ugly story in amongst all the great things that happened in Dallas around the Mavericks winning their first NBA title — a woman who had gone to a Dallas bar to watch Game 6 was severely beaten and raped walking back to her car after the game.
A reward fund was set up to find the perpetrators of the act, and now Mark Cuban has pitched in $20,000 to anyone who can come forward with information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible, according to ESPN Dallas. The total reward money is now at $35,000.
Police are still investigating, including trying to matchup DNA evidence, according to the report.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 12
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8