Jun 29, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
It’s an ugly story in amongst all the great things that happened in Dallas around the Mavericks winning their first NBA title — a woman who had gone to a Dallas bar to watch Game 6 was severely beaten and raped walking back to her car after the game.
A reward fund was set up to find the perpetrators of the act, and now Mark Cuban has pitched in $20,000 to anyone who can come forward with information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible, according to ESPN Dallas. The total reward money is now at $35,000.
Police are still investigating, including trying to matchup DNA evidence, according to the report.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 0
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 14
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 14
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5