Jun 29, 2011, 3:42 PM EST
It’s an ugly story in amongst all the great things that happened in Dallas around the Mavericks winning their first NBA title — a woman who had gone to a Dallas bar to watch Game 6 was severely beaten and raped walking back to her car after the game.
A reward fund was set up to find the perpetrators of the act, and now Mark Cuban has pitched in $20,000 to anyone who can come forward with information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible, according to ESPN Dallas. The total reward money is now at $35,000.
Police are still investigating, including trying to matchup DNA evidence, according to the report.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 9
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)