Jun 29, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
It’s an ugly story in amongst all the great things that happened in Dallas around the Mavericks winning their first NBA title — a woman who had gone to a Dallas bar to watch Game 6 was severely beaten and raped walking back to her car after the game.
A reward fund was set up to find the perpetrators of the act, and now Mark Cuban has pitched in $20,000 to anyone who can come forward with information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible, according to ESPN Dallas. The total reward money is now at $35,000.
Police are still investigating, including trying to matchup DNA evidence, according to the report.
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 0
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 29
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19