Jun 29, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
This was about as sure a thing as the next episode of CSI:Miami having overacting.
The Chicago Bulls picked up the fourth year option on Taj Gibson, according to CSN Chicago. Gibson is an explosive athlete off the bench for the Bulls who averaged 7.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game last season while playing good defense. He played a key role during the Bulls playoff run. He’s a part of the Bulls future.
He’s the kind of piece the Bulls want to keep around at an affordable price, this lets them do that for another couple years. After that… depends on how much he improves and the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. But for now the Bulls have made the smart (and really only) play.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10