Jun 29, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
This was about as sure a thing as the next episode of CSI:Miami having overacting.
The Chicago Bulls picked up the fourth year option on Taj Gibson, according to CSN Chicago. Gibson is an explosive athlete off the bench for the Bulls who averaged 7.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game last season while playing good defense. He played a key role during the Bulls playoff run. He’s a part of the Bulls future.
He’s the kind of piece the Bulls want to keep around at an affordable price, this lets them do that for another couple years. After that… depends on how much he improves and the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. But for now the Bulls have made the smart (and really only) play.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 23
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19