Jun 29, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
This was about as sure a thing as the next episode of CSI:Miami having overacting.
The Chicago Bulls picked up the fourth year option on Taj Gibson, according to CSN Chicago. Gibson is an explosive athlete off the bench for the Bulls who averaged 7.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game last season while playing good defense. He played a key role during the Bulls playoff run. He’s a part of the Bulls future.
He’s the kind of piece the Bulls want to keep around at an affordable price, this lets them do that for another couple years. After that… depends on how much he improves and the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. But for now the Bulls have made the smart (and really only) play.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34