Jun 29, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
This was about as sure a thing as the next episode of CSI:Miami having overacting.
The Chicago Bulls picked up the fourth year option on Taj Gibson, according to CSN Chicago. Gibson is an explosive athlete off the bench for the Bulls who averaged 7.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game last season while playing good defense. He played a key role during the Bulls playoff run. He’s a part of the Bulls future.
He’s the kind of piece the Bulls want to keep around at an affordable price, this lets them do that for another couple years. After that… depends on how much he improves and the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. But for now the Bulls have made the smart (and really only) play.
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 0
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22