Jun 29, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
This was about as sure a thing as the next episode of CSI:Miami having overacting.
The Chicago Bulls picked up the fourth year option on Taj Gibson, according to CSN Chicago. Gibson is an explosive athlete off the bench for the Bulls who averaged 7.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game last season while playing good defense. He played a key role during the Bulls playoff run. He’s a part of the Bulls future.
He’s the kind of piece the Bulls want to keep around at an affordable price, this lets them do that for another couple years. After that… depends on how much he improves and the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. But for now the Bulls have made the smart (and really only) play.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11