Jun 29, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
If you’re not familiar with “planking,” it refers to lying face-down on something and having somebody take a picture of you while doing it. It has become a popular meme lately, even among NBA players such as Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard.
Today, Howard used the “planking” meme to take a jab at former teammate Vince Carter, posting the above picture on his twitter with the caption “Vince carte [sic] planking lol.”
Carter has a reputation for being injury-prone, although he has appeared in at least 70 games in every season since the 04-05 campaign. The Magic traded for Carter to essentially replace Hedo Turkoglu after they made the NBA Finals in 2009, but traded him to the Phoenix Suns and re-acquired Turkoglu last season. Carter averaged 15.1 points per game with the Magic and 13.5 points per game with the Suns last season, which were both career-lows.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32