Jun 29, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
If you’re not familiar with “planking,” it refers to lying face-down on something and having somebody take a picture of you while doing it. It has become a popular meme lately, even among NBA players such as Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard.
Today, Howard used the “planking” meme to take a jab at former teammate Vince Carter, posting the above picture on his twitter with the caption “Vince carte [sic] planking lol.”
Carter has a reputation for being injury-prone, although he has appeared in at least 70 games in every season since the 04-05 campaign. The Magic traded for Carter to essentially replace Hedo Turkoglu after they made the NBA Finals in 2009, but traded him to the Phoenix Suns and re-acquired Turkoglu last season. Carter averaged 15.1 points per game with the Magic and 13.5 points per game with the Suns last season, which were both career-lows.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 4
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 35
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 29
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25