Jun 29, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
If you’re not familiar with “planking,” it refers to lying face-down on something and having somebody take a picture of you while doing it. It has become a popular meme lately, even among NBA players such as Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard.
Today, Howard used the “planking” meme to take a jab at former teammate Vince Carter, posting the above picture on his twitter with the caption “Vince carte [sic] planking lol.”
Carter has a reputation for being injury-prone, although he has appeared in at least 70 games in every season since the 04-05 campaign. The Magic traded for Carter to essentially replace Hedo Turkoglu after they made the NBA Finals in 2009, but traded him to the Phoenix Suns and re-acquired Turkoglu last season. Carter averaged 15.1 points per game with the Magic and 13.5 points per game with the Suns last season, which were both career-lows.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18