Jun 29, 2011, 6:19 PM EST
If you’re not familiar with “planking,” it refers to lying face-down on something and having somebody take a picture of you while doing it. It has become a popular meme lately, even among NBA players such as Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard.
Today, Howard used the “planking” meme to take a jab at former teammate Vince Carter, posting the above picture on his twitter with the caption “Vince carte [sic] planking lol.”
Carter has a reputation for being injury-prone, although he has appeared in at least 70 games in every season since the 04-05 campaign. The Magic traded for Carter to essentially replace Hedo Turkoglu after they made the NBA Finals in 2009, but traded him to the Phoenix Suns and re-acquired Turkoglu last season. Carter averaged 15.1 points per game with the Magic and 13.5 points per game with the Suns last season, which were both career-lows.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 21
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)