Jun 29, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
If you’re not familiar with “planking,” it refers to lying face-down on something and having somebody take a picture of you while doing it. It has become a popular meme lately, even among NBA players such as Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard.
Today, Howard used the “planking” meme to take a jab at former teammate Vince Carter, posting the above picture on his twitter with the caption “Vince carte [sic] planking lol.”
Carter has a reputation for being injury-prone, although he has appeared in at least 70 games in every season since the 04-05 campaign. The Magic traded for Carter to essentially replace Hedo Turkoglu after they made the NBA Finals in 2009, but traded him to the Phoenix Suns and re-acquired Turkoglu last season. Carter averaged 15.1 points per game with the Magic and 13.5 points per game with the Suns last season, which were both career-lows.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 23
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12