Jun 29, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Jarrett Jack of the New Orleans Hornets Charlie Bell of the Golden State Warriors, both of whom were arrested on suspicion of DUI in February and pled no contest to reckless driving charges (in separate incidents), have been suspended one game by the league it was announced Wednesday.
Those suspensions will be for the first game each of them able to play next season. Whenever that starts. Suspension for one game without pay has been the pretty much standard from the league for guys arrested on drunk driving charges.
Both are backup point guards for their teams, although Jack plays a larger role for his squad.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17