Jun 29, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Jarrett Jack of the New Orleans Hornets Charlie Bell of the Golden State Warriors, both of whom were arrested on suspicion of DUI in February and pled no contest to reckless driving charges (in separate incidents), have been suspended one game by the league it was announced Wednesday.
Those suspensions will be for the first game each of them able to play next season. Whenever that starts. Suspension for one game without pay has been the pretty much standard from the league for guys arrested on drunk driving charges.
Both are backup point guards for their teams, although Jack plays a larger role for his squad.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 3
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7