Jun 29, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Jarrett Jack of the New Orleans Hornets Charlie Bell of the Golden State Warriors, both of whom were arrested on suspicion of DUI in February and pled no contest to reckless driving charges (in separate incidents), have been suspended one game by the league it was announced Wednesday.
Those suspensions will be for the first game each of them able to play next season. Whenever that starts. Suspension for one game without pay has been the pretty much standard from the league for guys arrested on drunk driving charges.
Both are backup point guards for their teams, although Jack plays a larger role for his squad.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10