Jun 29, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Jarrett Jack of the New Orleans Hornets Charlie Bell of the Golden State Warriors, both of whom were arrested on suspicion of DUI in February and pled no contest to reckless driving charges (in separate incidents), have been suspended one game by the league it was announced Wednesday.
Those suspensions will be for the first game each of them able to play next season. Whenever that starts. Suspension for one game without pay has been the pretty much standard from the league for guys arrested on drunk driving charges.
Both are backup point guards for their teams, although Jack plays a larger role for his squad.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25