Jun 29, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
Chris Bosh got a bad rap this season. People tried to paint him as a third wheel and a disappointment, but he had worked hard to find his groove with the Miami Heat (his scoring took a step back, but what did you really expect with those teammates?). When they needed him to step up in the playoffs, he had some big games. He grew as the season wore on, just like the Heat did. And in the end, you could tell that he cared, that he really wanted it badly.
Now his bachelor party… that might be a disappointment.
NBA star Chris Bosh’s Las Vegas bachelor party, dubbed “The Hangover 3,” was a four-day bro-down on the Strip involving guns, booze, red meat and magic over the weekend. “It was everything these guys don’t get to do during the season,” said a source close to the 12-man party posse, including New Jarrett Jack and Pops Mensah-Bonsu. They landed in Sin City Thursday and headed straight to a shooting range to blow off steam before moving to N9NE Steak house. Friday included dinner at Lavo before Criss Angel’s show, “Believe.” Angel pulled Bosh onstage to make him part of the act, and later levitated before the Miami Heat player’s crew backstage. Next stop was the Boom Box at Marquee. They played paintball the next day and partied at Tao, then capped off the festivities Sunday with a “Rat Pack” casino night at Caesars and a Mark Curry comedy show.
Criss Angel and Mark Curry? Really? The Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love show is better than that. I don’t even know where to go with Mark Curry. And frankly, N9NE has good food with a lot of chic flash, but Craftsteak is better. Much better.
We could go on, but you get the idea. The important thing is that Bosh has fun. If he remembers the second half of his bachelor party he is ahead of me.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29