Jun 29, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
Chris Bosh got a bad rap this season. People tried to paint him as a third wheel and a disappointment, but he had worked hard to find his groove with the Miami Heat (his scoring took a step back, but what did you really expect with those teammates?). When they needed him to step up in the playoffs, he had some big games. He grew as the season wore on, just like the Heat did. And in the end, you could tell that he cared, that he really wanted it badly.
Now his bachelor party… that might be a disappointment.
NBA star Chris Bosh’s Las Vegas bachelor party, dubbed “The Hangover 3,” was a four-day bro-down on the Strip involving guns, booze, red meat and magic over the weekend. “It was everything these guys don’t get to do during the season,” said a source close to the 12-man party posse, including New Jarrett Jack and Pops Mensah-Bonsu. They landed in Sin City Thursday and headed straight to a shooting range to blow off steam before moving to N9NE Steak house. Friday included dinner at Lavo before Criss Angel’s show, “Believe.” Angel pulled Bosh onstage to make him part of the act, and later levitated before the Miami Heat player’s crew backstage. Next stop was the Boom Box at Marquee. They played paintball the next day and partied at Tao, then capped off the festivities Sunday with a “Rat Pack” casino night at Caesars and a Mark Curry comedy show.
Criss Angel and Mark Curry? Really? The Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love show is better than that. I don’t even know where to go with Mark Curry. And frankly, N9NE has good food with a lot of chic flash, but Craftsteak is better. Much better.
We could go on, but you get the idea. The important thing is that Bosh has fun. If he remembers the second half of his bachelor party he is ahead of me.
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 6
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 13
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 49
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 38
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 82
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 18
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 36