Jun 28, 2011, 8:54 PM EDT
It was fun while it lasted. We were skeptical but with Ron Artest — er, Metta World Peace — anything seems possible.
But Artest will not be playing in Finland, his agent told the Los Angeles Times.
“I’m his agent and nothing has come across my desk,” Bauman said. “Although Ron has asked me to explore all options over in Europe in the event of a prolonged lockout, there are several legal and business considerations that have to be addressed. The biggest one involves insurance. None of those have been addressed and I don’t even know who this guy claiming to have an agreement is. Final thing is what if the league has a lockout for say two weeks and then end up getting a deal. It becomes a moot point.”
“The whole notion strikes me as a publicity stunt,” Bauman said. “Nothing has come across my desk. Ron has asked me to look into options in Europe, but certainly not with a small team in Finland.”
It really does beg the question… what country would be best for Ron? Holland, say specifically a team out of Amsterdam? There is a whole continent of jokes there.
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 0
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16