Jun 28, 2011, 8:54 PM EST
It was fun while it lasted. We were skeptical but with Ron Artest — er, Metta World Peace — anything seems possible.
But Artest will not be playing in Finland, his agent told the Los Angeles Times.
“I’m his agent and nothing has come across my desk,” Bauman said. “Although Ron has asked me to explore all options over in Europe in the event of a prolonged lockout, there are several legal and business considerations that have to be addressed. The biggest one involves insurance. None of those have been addressed and I don’t even know who this guy claiming to have an agreement is. Final thing is what if the league has a lockout for say two weeks and then end up getting a deal. It becomes a moot point.”
“The whole notion strikes me as a publicity stunt,” Bauman said. “Nothing has come across my desk. Ron has asked me to look into options in Europe, but certainly not with a small team in Finland.”
It really does beg the question… what country would be best for Ron? Holland, say specifically a team out of Amsterdam? There is a whole continent of jokes there.
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 0
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 10
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (50)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)