Jun 28, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
There’s going to be quite the party in Wurzburg, Bavaria, Tuesday. And it’s not even October.
Nowitzki flew home over the weekend after his first-pitch duties at Friday night’s Texas Rangers game and will be honored by his countrymen in a city hall ceremony and afternoon procession through the city.
He’ll also meet the German press for the first time since leading the Mavericks to the franchise’s first championship, which was followed by an emotional parade through downtown Dallas and the celebration of Nowitzki’s 33rd birthday on June 19.
Wurzburg is a beautiful city, one rebuilt painstakingly after being bombed heavily during World War II. We don’t know much about the parade and celebration, save that some very good beer will be served.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 12