Jun 28, 2011, 8:31 PM EDT
According to Doug Lesmerises of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, Cleveland Cavaliers assistant coach Chris Jent will be leaving the Cavaliers to take an assistant coaching job with the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Jent, an OSU alum, was an assistant coach with the 76ers and Magic before joining the Cavaliers’ staff, and served as the Magic’s interim head coach for the final 18 games of the 2004-05 season.
As a Cavalier assistant coach, Jent was best known as LeBron James‘ shooting coach — James brought Jent wherever he went during the off-season in order to work on his outside shot with him, no matter where in the world he found himself during the off-season. The OSU job will be Jent’s first college coaching position.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 0
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 15
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73