Jun 27, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
One reason the Dallas Mavericks could repeat as champions — they should get their two most dynamic wing players back from injury next season. Caron Butler is one.
Rodrigue Beaubois is the other — but not until he has another foot surgery, according Sports.fr (a French sports site).
Beaubois missed most of last season after injuring his foot before the season and needing to have surgery. Even when he did return he was not the same player he had been as a rookie and barely saw the floor, not even logging a minute during the NBA finals.
This second surgery is expected to have him out two to three months, which means he would be back for training camps even in training camps open on time because Billy Hunter and David Stern came to their senses. He would be part of the Mavs from the start this time.
Of course, if you’re a Mavs fan who wants to be skeptical about that timeline, we can’t blame you. But if they can get Beaubois back for next season and healthy, he is the kind of change-of-tempo guard off the bench the Mavs could really use.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0