Jun 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Now comes news that backup center Aaron Gray will follow suit, via Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter. Gray was set to make $1.1 million in the last year of his deal but will now look for a bigger payday.
Combine Gray and West with Carl Landry being a free agent and your big men currently on the Hornets roster are Emeka Okafor and… well, there is no and. Okafor is it. No other big men are under contract for next season.
Clearly they need to get some size via free agency. They drafted Kentucky center Josh Harrelison but sold the pick to the Knicks. And he is not exactly the answer anyways.
The question is, with the team owned by the league and a new Collective Bargaining Agreement coming, how much will GM Dell Demps be able to spend?
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29