Jun 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EST
Now comes news that backup center Aaron Gray will follow suit, via Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter. Gray was set to make $1.1 million in the last year of his deal but will now look for a bigger payday.
Combine Gray and West with Carl Landry being a free agent and your big men currently on the Hornets roster are Emeka Okafor and… well, there is no and. Okafor is it. No other big men are under contract for next season.
Clearly they need to get some size via free agency. They drafted Kentucky center Josh Harrelison but sold the pick to the Knicks. And he is not exactly the answer anyways.
The question is, with the team owned by the league and a new Collective Bargaining Agreement coming, how much will GM Dell Demps be able to spend?
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)