Jun 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Now comes news that backup center Aaron Gray will follow suit, via Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter. Gray was set to make $1.1 million in the last year of his deal but will now look for a bigger payday.
Combine Gray and West with Carl Landry being a free agent and your big men currently on the Hornets roster are Emeka Okafor and… well, there is no and. Okafor is it. No other big men are under contract for next season.
Clearly they need to get some size via free agency. They drafted Kentucky center Josh Harrelison but sold the pick to the Knicks. And he is not exactly the answer anyways.
The question is, with the team owned by the league and a new Collective Bargaining Agreement coming, how much will GM Dell Demps be able to spend?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15