Jun 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Now comes news that backup center Aaron Gray will follow suit, via Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter. Gray was set to make $1.1 million in the last year of his deal but will now look for a bigger payday.
Combine Gray and West with Carl Landry being a free agent and your big men currently on the Hornets roster are Emeka Okafor and… well, there is no and. Okafor is it. No other big men are under contract for next season.
Clearly they need to get some size via free agency. They drafted Kentucky center Josh Harrelison but sold the pick to the Knicks. And he is not exactly the answer anyways.
The question is, with the team owned by the league and a new Collective Bargaining Agreement coming, how much will GM Dell Demps be able to spend?
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 5
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 16
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43