Jun 24, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
This comes from Waiting For Next Year’s Scott Sargent:
The 7-foot Hollins appeared in 70 games for the Cavaliers last season, and averaged 5.3 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 2.8 fouls in 17 minutes per game. The 26-year old Hollins is still very raw at both ends of the floor, but he’s still very tall and very athletic, and the Cavaliers don’t have a lot of other options at the center position.
There probably wouldn’t have been much demand for Hollins’ services on the open market, and the Cavaliers will likely keep Hollins in their rotation, so Hollins picking up his option was likely a mutually beneficial decision for him and his team.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1