Jun 24, 2011, 7:22 PM EDT
This comes from Waiting For Next Year’s Scott Sargent:
The 7-foot Hollins appeared in 70 games for the Cavaliers last season, and averaged 5.3 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 2.8 fouls in 17 minutes per game. The 26-year old Hollins is still very raw at both ends of the floor, but he’s still very tall and very athletic, and the Cavaliers don’t have a lot of other options at the center position.
There probably wouldn’t have been much demand for Hollins’ services on the open market, and the Cavaliers will likely keep Hollins in their rotation, so Hollins picking up his option was likely a mutually beneficial decision for him and his team.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 13
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17