Jun 24, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
This comes from Waiting For Next Year’s Scott Sargent:
The 7-foot Hollins appeared in 70 games for the Cavaliers last season, and averaged 5.3 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 2.8 fouls in 17 minutes per game. The 26-year old Hollins is still very raw at both ends of the floor, but he’s still very tall and very athletic, and the Cavaliers don’t have a lot of other options at the center position.
There probably wouldn’t have been much demand for Hollins’ services on the open market, and the Cavaliers will likely keep Hollins in their rotation, so Hollins picking up his option was likely a mutually beneficial decision for him and his team.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 15
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 3
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 2
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10