Jun 24, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
So, why exactly did the Rockets trade for Jonny Flynn on draft night again?
Well, because they really wanted Donatas Motiejunas and by swapping Brad Miller for Flynn the Rockets save about $6 million over the life of the deals. But the Rockets didn’t really care about Flynn. They already have Kyle Lowry at the point with Goran Dragic to back him up (or maybe you reverse that order).
The Rockets are not going to get a ton of value here, but they would pretty much settle for a rack of basketballs to use for shootaround. Flynn should put off house hunting in Houston for a while.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20