Jun 24, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
So, why exactly did the Rockets trade for Jonny Flynn on draft night again?
Well, because they really wanted Donatas Motiejunas and by swapping Brad Miller for Flynn the Rockets save about $6 million over the life of the deals. But the Rockets didn’t really care about Flynn. They already have Kyle Lowry at the point with Goran Dragic to back him up (or maybe you reverse that order).
The Rockets are not going to get a ton of value here, but they would pretty much settle for a rack of basketballs to use for shootaround. Flynn should put off house hunting in Houston for a while.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 2
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 9
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60