Jun 24, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
So, why exactly did the Rockets trade for Jonny Flynn on draft night again?
Well, because they really wanted Donatas Motiejunas and by swapping Brad Miller for Flynn the Rockets save about $6 million over the life of the deals. But the Rockets didn’t really care about Flynn. They already have Kyle Lowry at the point with Goran Dragic to back him up (or maybe you reverse that order).
The Rockets are not going to get a ton of value here, but they would pretty much settle for a rack of basketballs to use for shootaround. Flynn should put off house hunting in Houston for a while.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 3
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11