Jun 24, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
So, why exactly did the Rockets trade for Jonny Flynn on draft night again?
Well, because they really wanted Donatas Motiejunas and by swapping Brad Miller for Flynn the Rockets save about $6 million over the life of the deals. But the Rockets didn’t really care about Flynn. They already have Kyle Lowry at the point with Goran Dragic to back him up (or maybe you reverse that order).
The Rockets are not going to get a ton of value here, but they would pretty much settle for a rack of basketballs to use for shootaround. Flynn should put off house hunting in Houston for a while.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18