Jun 24, 2011, 9:50 AM EST
So, why exactly did the Rockets trade for Jonny Flynn on draft night again?
Well, because they really wanted Donatas Motiejunas and by swapping Brad Miller for Flynn the Rockets save about $6 million over the life of the deals. But the Rockets didn’t really care about Flynn. They already have Kyle Lowry at the point with Goran Dragic to back him up (or maybe you reverse that order).
The Rockets are not going to get a ton of value here, but they would pretty much settle for a rack of basketballs to use for shootaround. Flynn should put off house hunting in Houston for a while.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 4
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9