Jun 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
Here’s an interesting bit from CNBC’s Darren Rovell:
Nielsen: NBA Draft averages 3.2 million viewers, highest NBA draft rating in 15 years. Impressive given lack of stars.
Even though the Heat weren’t involved in any way, the NBA continued to break previous ratings records. Just another sign that the NBA is heading into a lockout just as viewer interest is as high as it’s been in years, especially since, as Rovell mentioned, there were so few stars in this draft.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13