Jun 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
Here’s an interesting bit from CNBC’s Darren Rovell:
Nielsen: NBA Draft averages 3.2 million viewers, highest NBA draft rating in 15 years. Impressive given lack of stars.
Even though the Heat weren’t involved in any way, the NBA continued to break previous ratings records. Just another sign that the NBA is heading into a lockout just as viewer interest is as high as it’s been in years, especially since, as Rovell mentioned, there were so few stars in this draft.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85