Jun 24, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
Here’s an interesting bit from CNBC’s Darren Rovell:
Nielsen: NBA Draft averages 3.2 million viewers, highest NBA draft rating in 15 years. Impressive given lack of stars.
Even though the Heat weren’t involved in any way, the NBA continued to break previous ratings records. Just another sign that the NBA is heading into a lockout just as viewer interest is as high as it’s been in years, especially since, as Rovell mentioned, there were so few stars in this draft.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (44)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)