Jun 24, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
In the run-up to the draft, there were a lot of questions about Bismack Biyombo’s buyout from his Spanish club, and if that was going to happen (or was going to be decided by the Spanish courts).
In meeting with the Charlotte Bobcat media on Friday, Biyombo said that the buyout was not going to be an issue and he would be with the Bobcats next season (whenever that starts), according to Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
The Bobcats had better hope so, they traded away Stephen Jackson to get in front of the Pistons and take him. It was a real high risk/high reward move by new Bobcats GM Rich Cho. And it will be three years or so before we know if it really paid off.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 3
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 13
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17