Jun 24, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
In the run-up to the draft, there were a lot of questions about Bismack Biyombo’s buyout from his Spanish club, and if that was going to happen (or was going to be decided by the Spanish courts).
In meeting with the Charlotte Bobcat media on Friday, Biyombo said that the buyout was not going to be an issue and he would be with the Bobcats next season (whenever that starts), according to Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
The Bobcats had better hope so, they traded away Stephen Jackson to get in front of the Pistons and take him. It was a real high risk/high reward move by new Bobcats GM Rich Cho. And it will be three years or so before we know if it really paid off.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5