Jun 24, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
In the run-up to the draft, there were a lot of questions about Bismack Biyombo’s buyout from his Spanish club, and if that was going to happen (or was going to be decided by the Spanish courts).
In meeting with the Charlotte Bobcat media on Friday, Biyombo said that the buyout was not going to be an issue and he would be with the Bobcats next season (whenever that starts), according to Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
The Bobcats had better hope so, they traded away Stephen Jackson to get in front of the Pistons and take him. It was a real high risk/high reward move by new Bobcats GM Rich Cho. And it will be three years or so before we know if it really paid off.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 3
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2