Jun 24, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
In the run-up to the draft, there were a lot of questions about Bismack Biyombo’s buyout from his Spanish club, and if that was going to happen (or was going to be decided by the Spanish courts).
In meeting with the Charlotte Bobcat media on Friday, Biyombo said that the buyout was not going to be an issue and he would be with the Bobcats next season (whenever that starts), according to Mike Cranston of the Associated Press.
The Bobcats had better hope so, they traded away Stephen Jackson to get in front of the Pistons and take him. It was a real high risk/high reward move by new Bobcats GM Rich Cho. And it will be three years or so before we know if it really paid off.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 16
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 5
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 22