Jun 24, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
It’s hard for a 57th overall pick to make headlines less than 24 hours after being drafted, but Timberwolves draft pick Tanguay Ngombo has managed to do that for all the wrong reasons. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express made the discovery:
As it turns out, the 21-year old Ngombo is actually 26, and will turn 27 in July. Ngombo was a long shot to ever play in the NBA anyways, but now the forward from Qatar’s NBA prospects are essentially officially done; in fact, according to the NBA rules, he was ineligible to be drafted. Somewhere, the undrafted Ben Hansborough and David Lighty must be fairly amused. Or angry. One of the two.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 19
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 29
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 37
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32