Jun 24, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
It’s hard for a 57th overall pick to make headlines less than 24 hours after being drafted, but Timberwolves draft pick Tanguay Ngombo has managed to do that for all the wrong reasons. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express made the discovery:
As it turns out, the 21-year old Ngombo is actually 26, and will turn 27 in July. Ngombo was a long shot to ever play in the NBA anyways, but now the forward from Qatar’s NBA prospects are essentially officially done; in fact, according to the NBA rules, he was ineligible to be drafted. Somewhere, the undrafted Ben Hansborough and David Lighty must be fairly amused. Or angry. One of the two.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 0
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 7
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 7
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 19
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 10