Jun 23, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
Here’s another tidbit from the invaluable Adrian Wojnarowski, this time concerning the #2 pick:
Many front offices are frustrated trying to deal with Minny for No. 2 pick. One says, “If you want a deal right now you’re talking to Utah.”
There has been speculation about Utah trading the #2 pick ever since they got it, but David Kahn’s asking price seems to be too high for most teams — the one offer we know Kahn has made for the #2 pick is the pick and Michael Beasley for Lakers Center Andrew Bynum, which was more than likely laughed off by the Lakers’ front office.
If Kahn doesn’t dramatically lower his asking price in the next few hours, Derrick Williams will likely be a Timberwolf, crowded frontcourt and all.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59